Search results

1. Traveller

Toilet on tiled concrete floor

I am putting a toilet in a basement with a tiled concrete floor, requiring me to remove tiles and jackhammer concrete. I am installing 4" DWV pipe for the toilet. My plan is to bring the DWV pipe up higher than the floor, pour concrete to level and re-install tiles up to the pipe. Once...
  2. Traveller

Burcam Tankless Jet Pump

http://www.burcam.com/en/products?view=details&mainsection_id=100&section_id=20&cat_id=220&sku=506532SS Has anyone ever tried one of these units? They claim a pressure tank is not required for this pump.
  3. Traveller

Brady air volume control valve for jet pump

For the AVC used on shallow wells with jet pumps, and mounted on bladderless tanks to maintain air volume in these tanks, where on the jet pump does the tubing from the AVC connect to?
  4. Traveller

well pump bladder tank used as expansion tank

Our town's water system has a check valve installed on the service to each customer, thus making each residence a closed system. This creates problems with our water heaters, as water expands when it heats, and the 150 psi pressure relief valves on our water heaters open regularly. The...
  5. Traveller

Air Lift Well Pump

A while back, someone posted some pics of a well just over 100 feet in depth that was cased in 2 inch Schedule 40 PVC pipe. Water was pumped from this well by means of a 1/2 inch air line that went to the bottom of the well. Air, from a compressor, lifted the water and from there it filled a 300...
  6. Traveller

Pump size vs tank size

I have a Grundfos 2 hp convertible jet pump rated at a max. flow of 32 US gpm. It is 20 feet to the water table from the pump intake and I am installing this as a shallow well jet pump, though I may convert to deep well application in an attempt to boost the volume. How do I calculate the...
  7. Traveller

Franklin Motor Starter or Franklin Pump Motor?

I operate a small water system for a town of about 300 people. We have three wells that pump together on an auto cycle. The wells are all at sea level and they pump, through the water system, to a 130,000 gal. reservoir that is 220' above sea level. The well in question is 95' deep and has a...
  8. Traveller

ABS Pipe Primer

I was helping a friend install a 4" ABS drain system in his basement. As is typical of 4" ABS pipe, I removed the burrs from the end of the sawn pipe, applied ABS glue to both pipe and fitting, and still needed a block of wood and hammer to drive the pipe home in the joint. My friend asked me if...
  9. Traveller

Burnt Pump Motor

I think I spoke a little bit about this submersible pump in another thread but, since uncovering more info, I have some new questions. Here are the basics. The well is a 55' drilled well in sand and gravel with a 6" casing. The water table is 17' below ground level, and only changes a few...
  10. Traveller

To valveman re: cycle stop valve

Hello valveman Do they make cycle stop valve systems capable of handling 40-50 gpm from a submersible pump?
  11. Traveller

confusing data sheet re: centrifugal/jet pump

A company I deal with recommended a 1.5 hp Berkeley horizontal multi-stage jet/centrifugal pump (cat. no. 15LT2). They sent along a data sheet showing the performance of this pump in different configurations. Matching the well I plan to install this pump in, I selected, from the data sheet, 20'...
  12. Traveller

centrifugal "sprinkler pump vs. jet pump

I have a customer who has asked me to install a 3 hp sprinkler pump in the pumphouse above his well. The well is made from a vertical piece of 4' dia. culvert. I measured the distance from the pump intake to the water as 20'. The customer wishes to supply domestic water to a large shop and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks