Search results

1. CoconutPete

How badly do I want to remove the old water heater from my attic?

So .... water heater is from 1996. It has been acting funny for a while and the most recent attempt at extending it's life was a thermal coupling .. did not do anything. It has to go. It's a 50 gallon which I'm told is slightly larger than the "default" for a 2.5 bath house. Plumber has a 50...
  2. CoconutPete

Does a 2PSI to 0.5PSI natural gas regulator even exist?

I have a 2PSI natural gas system in my house. I have an outlet for the grill ... bought the hose, quick connect etc. everything I need for the grill. Except.... All the grill parts say not to exceed 0.5pSI. OK - no problem. The house is 2PSI. So ... we need a regulator that takes the 2PSI...
  3. CoconutPete

Pic of natural gas line to grill / fireplace - look weird?

This is a pic of my house. It's in Charlotte, NC and built in 1996. From what I can tell, the line comes out of the wall, splits in 2 where one goes back into the perpendicular wall and feeds the fireplace. The line that exits the picture runs under (and up through) the deck to a valve that...
  4. CoconutPete

Adding a utility sink here?

I'd like to add a utility sink by the washer/dryer. This is the drain over there. The first pipe (left) is the washer), the middle one is the kitchen sink from upstairs and the third one (right) is the vent. The bottom of that trap is 10" above the slab and the top (where the pipe connects)...
  5. CoconutPete

How to choose a gas hot water heater? (Slightly different)

My water heater is manufactured in 1969. It still makes hot water very well, but there's rust around the overflow valve and god knows the last time this thing saw maintenance. I'll admit I haven't touched it since I moved in 3 years ago. I want to replace it with another 40 gallon natural gas...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks