Search results

1. Cabin fever

Digging a trench for a sewer line

Thank you very much for the great tips. The reason I said "roughly 45 degrees" is because I have to make a couple turns to get to the septic tank. I will do a dry fit before connecting everything permanently. Does it matter which end I start laying the pipes? In other words is it easier to...
  2. Cabin fever

Ok, I got the water level to work and got more accurate measurements. The distance from the cabin outlet to the septic tank inlet is 82 feet. The verticle drop is 11 inches. That gives me just about 1/8" per foot slope. The pipes will have a 90 degree bend starting at the cabin and two...
  3. Cabin fever

I couldn't find a laser level so I tried using a 1/2" clear tube as a leveler. However, I spent over an hour trying to get all the air bubble out of the 100' long tube. Was not successful. How do you fill the tube without getting air bubbles? The reduced slope as the pipe size increases is...
  4. Cabin fever

What is the reason for using larger pipes for lower slopes ( eg. 4" pipe for 1/8"/ft) ?
  5. Cabin fever

You're right. You cannot just lower the septic tank without messing up the drain field. I will try to get a laser leveler to get a more accurate measure. The distance between the cabin and septic tank is 80'. That means I will need a drop of at least 10" to achieve the 1/8" per foot slope.
  6. Cabin fever

I strung a level line between the two ends and measure the verticle distance from the top of the pipes to the string. The difference between the two readings tells me how low the septic tank inlet is relative to the cabin outlet. If the septic inlet is 12" below the top of the tank then I...
  7. Cabin fever

I think the septic tank was not buried deep enough. The inlet is only 3-4 inches below ground. When I purchase the property the septic tank, foundation and rough plumbing was already there. However, the plumbing has not been tied to the tank. I had the plumbing redone in accordance with the...
  8. Cabin fever

thanks for the suggestions. the reason i'm going with 1/8 inch/foot pitch is to minimize the depth of the a new intake hole in the septic tank. my problem is the original intake is too high to give me enough slope for gravity to drain the sewage. therefore, my plan is to drill a lower intake...
  9. Cabin fever

Setup for pumping lake water for irrigation

Thanks Valveman. In that case I will keep things simple by using just the pump with a timer, no pressure tank.
  10. Cabin fever

BrianK--thank you for the suggestion. Is it ok for the pump to run for 30 minutes straight each time it's on?
  11. Cabin fever

Hi all, I am planning to run a sewer line from the cabin to the septic tank. I will be using 4" PVC pipe and the pitch will be 1/8" per foot. My question is how do I dig the trench to get the proper pitch? The ground is not level and so I cannot just measure from the top of the ground. Any...
  12. Cabin fever

Hi. I have small area by the lake that I would like to grow grass and plant some trees. I plan to use an above ground sprinkler head connected by a garden hose and drip hoses for the trees. Can someone help we how I should set this up? Can I just hook the garden hose to the jet pump. Or...
  13. Cabin fever

Sewage ejector system setup

Does anyone know if there is an inline sewage pump that can help move sewage along in a nearly horizontal pipe? Thanks.
  14. Cabin fever

Hj--I'm afraid that since the cabin is not used daily the slow moving sewage on a 1/16" per foot grade might dry up and eventually clog the pipe. Do you think this could happen? Thanks.
  15. Cabin fever

Thank you for the replies. Hackney plumbing--will the pump clog up if it's not use often? Do u have any suggestions/remedies? Ballvalve-- I don't have a first chamber. The cabin wastes drain directly into the pump basin which is then pumped into the septic tank. Does this change your...
  16. Cabin fever

Hi. I am new to the forum and am looking for some help on setting up a sewage ejector system. I have a cabin where the main drain is 80 feet from the septic tank. There is only a 5 inch drop between the two ends, thus I have to install the ejector system. I am wondering where i should place...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks