Search results

1. Steve-C

problem tying into drain at septic tank

Hello - I want to tie the soil pipe from our new house into the existing septic tank on the property. The problem is that the existing PVC pipe at the septic tank is badly out-of-round, it's basically flat on top. I'm sure I can't cut into it and glue a fitting on as I had planned. I want to...
  2. Steve-C

drain slope question - UPC

Hello - I'm a little confused about the 1/8-1/4" per foot slope rule for waste pipes. My understanding is that the UPC rule for waste pipes carrying solids is generally 1/4"/ft minimum (or vertical). What about pipes from showers, sinks, or clothes washers? Can they slope after the vent at...
  3. Steve-C

Do I need to extend cleanout above floor?

Hi - We're building our own house and I'm doing the plumbing, UPC is the code here. The drain line (3") runs 22 feet in a straight line from the end to where it exits the foundation. According to my code booklet, since the distance is >20 feet, I need to extend the cleanout outside (not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks