Search results

1. axelf911

TOTO SS113 Slow Close Round Seat

So just to clarify, would it be correct to say that I don't really need to pop the tabs off from the top at all? I can insert the plastic stopper. Flatten out the hinge. Then pop the tabs out from the bottom and insert the screws?
  2. axelf911

Hi Terry, Regarding the tabs, the instructions say open the tabs then place hinges on the toilet. Open the seat a bit to lay the hinges flat on the holes. At this point are you saying do not open the tabs and keep them closed instead? In that case I would need to open the tabs from the top in...
  3. axelf911

Hi Terry, I just bought the SS113. I got a few questions maybe you or someone else can help out with: The rubber grips that go under the seat hinges, I am assuming they snap on? One side has thin jutting pieces and one side is perfectly flat. The thin jutting pieces snap onto the bottom of...
  4. axelf911

Terry, would you by any chance have a photo of the latest SS113? I'm leaning towards getting this. Usually on youtube and in the forums, people show pictures of the SS114, but I have yet to see the SS113. The ones from the web or the Toto website seem very out of date. Any help would be...
  5. axelf911

Sounds good. I'm leaning towards getting the SS113. Any idea why the rear bumpers of my bemis slow close seat don't touch the bowl? See attached photo. It wouldn't make sense to design in bumpers that never touch. Would this be a design defect or just incompatibility with the TOTO?
  6. axelf911

Dear Forum, A while back I remember reading a thread about TOTO SS113 and SS114 seats being too curved in and some people preferring the straighter and flatter seats. Then Terry mentioned that these seats have becomes flatter in the newer designs. I have a TOTO ECO Drake CST743E round bowl. I...
  7. axelf911

Standard height help please NO ADA

Quick question on Toto Drake bowl height. What's the deal with the PDFs stating 14 5/8 bowl height as opposed to 14 1/2 for some of the other brands? I know it's a bit nit picking, but what's with the 1/8 inch diff?
  8. axelf911

HELP: Uneven AS toilet bowl after install

I believe you guys are correct. Since its not leaking and flush to the ground the install was ok. Maybe I'll just get a better seat than the flimsy one they give you in the kit. Thanks for the help.
  9. axelf911

Yes the floor is fairly level. If I didn't properly settle the wax, would this cause the unevenness for the front to back? Should I at least try to a new wax ring?
  10. axelf911

Dear TerryLove forums, I just recently installed an American Standard Cadet round toilet in my bathroom. At first I placed the wax ring on the flange and placed the toilet bowl down on the wax ring. I noticed that there was still a huge gap in the back. I should've pushed down further to let...
  11. axelf911

Standard height help please NO ADA

Yes I had the same issue. I really find the ADA height toilets uncomfortable at first, but my dad really likes it. We ended up doing a toilet swap and now I have an AS Cadet in standard height and he has an AS champion in ADA right height. How tall is your dad?
  12. axelf911

AS Short Toilets Discontinued???

Recently installed a new American Standard Cadet toilet. I noticed something compared to a lot of the older AS toilets that they only produce 15" rim height now. I've seen older AS toilets in houses and apartments as small as 14" inches. When did AS stop producing these toilets? As well, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks