Search results

1. Mike50

Tool Sheds

I'm getting ready to buy a tool shed--Never had one before but my garage conversion makes it necessary. I'd appreciate any info on brands and materials to avoid. Here in the high desert our summer temps hit triple digits regularly. We also have gusty winds at times.
  2. Mike50

Garage Conversion/Property Tax issues

I want to drywall (with insulation) the garage walls, paint wood rafters, Epoxy floor-Install 2nd picture window and hang art and stuff on walls with some furniture. I will leave the automatic garage door as is. I have plenty of electrical outlets and plumbing (from washer dryer). Im unsure...
  3. Mike50

Permanent weed solution: Poly Ground cover Question

I have a landscaping issue and could use some tips. I live in the high desert of california. I have a horseshoe shaped driveway with a semi circle of gray sandy dirt terrain in front of the house. I'm having multiple tons of decorative sand delivered to cover this area. I would like to eliminate...
  4. Mike50

Water Hammer Arrester Needed

I need to know what specs to look for in my particular situation. This copper line originates in the garage--Up thru the roof and into my Evaporative cooler...The cooler is a 2 year old Aero Cool equipted with an automatic water purge (for fresh water every 8 hours). The line itself is the same...
  5. Mike50

Paint Recomendation

I found an exterior paint color I'd like to use. It's Made by Pittsburg Paints. How does this brand stand up to Behr or Benny Moore?? Mike50
  6. Mike50

Exterior Paint

I'd like to paint the exterior of my house soon. It currently is troweled/buttered with a nice grainy stucco. What long lasting coatings are available that can be applied to this surface. or..? thanks Mike
  7. Mike50

Swamp/Evaporative cooler-"Water Hammer"

This noise is loud and happens on and off. I had the same problem last year. The issue is air in the copper water line (from garage to roof). I drain the unit and recharge with water then the hammer noise goes away temporarily. This unit is only 1 year old and generally works like a charm. I'm...
  8. Mike50

New Garage Door Installation

I'm replacing my old door. A local company uses the doors manufactured by Windsor Republic Doors. Any comments/considerations to be aware of before installation are appreciated. Quote is $800.00 (with windows) $600.00 without. Mike50
  9. Mike50

Emulsified Water-No Spot Car Wash

I just bought a new Jeep Liberty. Whenever I'm at the Chrysler dealer they will run my car thru their mini car wash before leaving. And it's simply amazing. It takes about a minute and you're good to go. No air dry-No hand dry. The water evaporates leaving no water spotting at all. They told...
  10. Mike50

Buyer Beware-Kohler Fixtures

I know Kohler has a discerning fan base of people who pay a premium for fixtures.....and justify it knowing that some of the Brass & micro tooling is very high quality. (despite bad reviews from many pros regarding repair issues) After checking a sampling of bath fixtures they seem to be...
  11. Mike50

Eucalyptus Tree

I planted a young silver dollar Eucalyptus (Polyanthemos) in early July. It's doing well and has already grown a foot and is almost 2 foot high. It came staked. I have read in a number of places that it is preffered to NOT stake them. They are very wind resistant. any thoughts on this..? Mike
  12. Mike50

Kitchen Hot Water MIA

Hot water everywhere except kitchen sink faucet for 3 days. It IS luke Warm. New Bradford White HWH and pressure regulator installed last month. note: Temps in garage have been reaching 110 in last month or so... Mike
  13. Mike50

Garage Conversion-Tax Consequences?

My CPA friend has informed me that if I convert my one car garage into a den,family or bedroom that my property taxes will increase. Are there exceptions to this rule/law? I know of a fellow that uses his garage as a dual purpose art display room/car garage. With all the new floor coatings...
  14. Mike50

Water Heater-Fire

Bradford White water heater installed in Jan 2007. It went south last week. Plumber blamed me because I don't have a regulator. He showed up and small but intense electrical fire erupted as he pushed internal red reset button. Circuits are now literally Fried. I told him I would not pay...
  15. Mike50

Thera Shower

Any comments on this product/company or anyone have one?? Im going to order one unless I have reason not to. 30 bucks---not bad... I just want to shower in soft water as we have high minerals here in the desert. I AM on septic BTW...
  16. Mike50

Innovations in Roofing?

I'm getting re-roofed in a couple weeks. I'm having 2 layers of shingles being stripped off and I'm going with a sand color to keep it cool here in the Desert. Anyone with comments about newer products or opinions that are on the market now would be appreciated. I see that some commercial...
  17. Mike50

Evap/Swap Cooler brand

I need to select a brand of cooler to install in the next couple weeks. I'm having a new roof done. I've always heard that Mastercool is best. Installer is steering me to Aerocool as MC now has parts issues no being manufactured in Mexico Im told. Thoughts..? TIA Mike
  18. Mike50

Best Vacuum for Laminate floor?

My 10 amp 7 year old Bisell is on it's way out--so I'm looking for a new machine which I bought when I had all carpeting. My home is now all saltillo tile and Laminate. (except one room) Looking for lightweight machine not prone to scratching these surfaces. Don't know the first thing...
  19. Mike50

Water heater-wet spot

Circular Wet spot directly underneath water heater in garage. (no pan) Seems to have slow leak into corner of bedroom. It's due date is up. Is it shot?? Just checking the obvious here.... thanks.. Mike
  20. Mike50

Modern Masters Metallics & Special FX Finishes

If you are Looking for something different. I've been experimenting with this product line for a week now. Metallics and Patina/Rust finishes are some of most unique-high quality paints I've seen. Highly Recommended. http://www.modernmastersinc.com/gl_metaleffects.asp
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks