Search results

1. Onokai

Expansion tank Pressure setting

I'm adding a small 2 gallon expansion tank to my 80 gallon solar water heater which feeds my 40 gallon gas water heater, I'm putting it in the incoming cold water line from well with a 40-60 pressure switch. What air static pressure should the tank have in it charged before the install 38#s? of...
  2. Onokai

What if my well pump has no control box

My neighbor has a 65 foot well with a Grundfos 1/2hp pump/motor and does not use a control box-the pump pumps into a tank (gravity ) hooked to a float switch than another pump with pressure tank supplies house. Any downside with no capacitor (control box) on motor?
  3. Onokai

Electric water heater wire size question-solar water application

I have a wiring size question -1st let me say I have a 80 gallon Rheem Solaraide tank that takes hot water directly (no heat coil fluid transfer )off two 4x8 solar water panels on roof. I set this up in 1981. This tank then feed my Rheem 40 gallon natural as water heater, The 1st rheem tank...
  4. Onokai

Bath/shower tile question -soap dish reattach repair

I made my own tile in the 80s super high fired stoneware. The soap dish was a typical mid 80s white cast off the wall soap dish. Just holds 1 bar of soap in the middle of the bathtub about 6 inches off the tun rim in middle of wall (full 3 side surround tile in cast iron tub /shower combo. Two...
  5. Onokai

CentriPro Motors -Submersible pump motor any good

I am thinking about getting a spare pump and motor for when my 25 year old one fails The current model is a Goulds/Franklin combo-I installed it 25 years ago in a 110 foot well. 3 wire setup Our local pump shop got out of residential pump work but still will order and sell parts/pumps ect they...
  6. Onokai

Best submersible pump brands-suggestions??

I have a 110 foot well with a frankiln motor and a Goulds pump that I installed in 24 years ago. Its still working today for us a household of two. Its a 3/4 hp motor. I'm not 100% but I think its a 5 Gpm pump I have been told that pumps these day last 7-11 years max. Any suggestions on the most...
  7. Onokai

Electric water heater-best brands

I will soon have a free supply of electricity during the day (24- 400watt solar panels) after my solar system goes in later this summer. I'm planning on a small hot tub to take some of this extra daylight power but at night its back to grid power so I thought having a smaller electric water...
  8. Onokai

Pipe sizing question for hose bibs

I am running a new schedule 40 line from my pump shed to 3 hose bibs. I need maximum pressure at one for boat washing. I was going to run schedule 40 1 inch-the run is about 80 feet. I found in my stash 60 feet of 1-1/2 inch schedule 40. My pump shed is all 1 inch so if I run say 10 feet 1 inch...
  9. Onokai

I'm getting ready to trench to well to replace schedule 40 pipe-suggestions

I have a few hundred feet from house to well. I put in white 1 inch schedule 40 about 40 years ago. tree roots have popped some joints over time and I want a stronger pipe as I'm tired of fixing them. I'm thinking 1 inch grey schedule 80. Is it all the same electrical conduit (carlon) or is...
  10. Onokai

House main service question -sched 80 PVC or type L copper

I have about 15-18 feet run from our water meter to house foundation (underground buried) to replace .The old stuff galvanized 3/4 pipe from the 50's. The pipe comes out of ground right at cement foundation up about 12 inches and tees into the studs. and just inside the house it transitions...
  11. Onokai

Best 40 gallon gas water heater in Pacific northwest?

I have had great luck with a few long lasting Rheems but I had a friend who's went out in less than 5 years. Tank leaked. The local wholesaler is now stocking AO Smiths as well as Rheems. I'm wondering about my next natural gas 40 gallon water heater. My own system is an 80 gallon passive Rheem...
  12. Onokai

Recommendation on best brands of Horizontal Gas whole house heaters-no AC needed

Looks like I'm replacing my 25 year old Payne horizontal Gas Heater (80%) with a new 92% heater. I need around the same footprint size wise but what are the best brands? Bryant? Lenox? what's your thoughts. I mainly heat with pellet stove but do use this every year some. Mark
  13. Onokai

Payne heater fan works only on auto

We had power surge last May and it blew my heater transformer. I replaced that- now that winter is here I noticed I cannot switch thermostat to fan only. ( we use a pellet stove and like to use the fan only so air return sucks hot pellet stove air throughout the air duct system) As it stands now...
  14. Onokai

Solar hot water pump question- ECM circulator?

I have have a 2 roof panel hot water assist system (older drain down type with a sunspool). I have had this system for over 30 years. The pump is a small taco bronze unit. I have replaced the guts 3 times over the years with this pump. I'm thinking of replacing it with one of the new Grundfos...
  15. Onokai

Recirculation system question with a ECM pump

I'm retrofitting my house with dedicated hot water return line with a new ECM circulator-the main hot water line is 3/4 copper (the run is about 35 feet) under house with 1/2 inch feeder lines in walls- This house is a small single bathroom and kitchen sink all off same trunk run so the return...
  16. Onokai

Baffle question in old septic tank

Later this week I'm getting rid of the last section of old red clay pipe that feeds my small 500 gallon septic tank. I'm putting in 4 inch sewer and drain . Its about a 10 foot run with a no/hub onto cast iron which is working fine under house. The tank has a cement baffle stuck on side of tank...
  17. Onokai

Keeping Cedar roots from out of Septic tank lid

I live in a rural setting on an acre . The leach field is about 25 years old works great. I have and older two small tank system-the first tank in about 500 gallons the second is 200 gallons max. I have it pumped out every 4-5 years as its a small system and their are just two of us using it...
  18. Onokai

Pressure tank issue??

I have a well rite(flexcon) 62 gallon tank-its about 15 years old. I'm using a 40/60 pressure ratio on my Square D pressure switch. The tanks is set at 38#s and is slowly losing pressure. My pump is a submersible Goulds pump(110 feet) with a Grundfos controller I filled it to 38# two weeks ago...
  19. Onokai

Toto soft close wood seats?

I'm wondering if these dark maple soft close seats are sealed well with finish? They cost a bunch so quality is a must. Anyone have experience with one? We like wood seats. Mark
  20. Onokai

Non ADA TOTO advice needed

I'm looking for a Toto that is shorter (non ADA) for my short wife. I installed the shorter drake in a friends house for them (14 1/2"?) I was about to order a Drake II for myself and noticed they all seem to be ADA heights-I like the dual flushing Drake II models over the rim hole standard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks