Search results

1. Superplum

Junk in water

First I,d change that filter. Make sure that after you shut of the ball valve before it, you open & leave open a faucet to relieve the pressure. A large pair of pump pliers (channelocks) works well for this. A large pipe wrench might be required if he really socked it down. Clean the o ring good...
  2. Superplum

Junk in water

Are you sure you didn,t accidently leave it in bypass? I've seen similar dirt & debris when someone bypasses a filter or softener allowing the accumulated dirt & debris from the pressure tank into the plumbing system (especially if the tank is allowed to lose pressure, power loss, working on the...
  3. Superplum

Acid Neutralizer suggestions

I've been using Guold pumps for over 35 years. I buy my tanks from the local Guold dealer. I don't believe Guold has ever made tanks. They used to sell jet pumps attached to a tank & sold as a unit but I don't believe they made the tanks. Those type of tanks wouldn't be suitable for a standard...
  4. Superplum

The tanks most common in my area are Amtrol. These are the ones I was referring to (for pressure not retention tanks) I've been asking the local supply houses for years if they sold any with a ST/ST elbow. No one seems have or know of any. What brand uses a ST/ST elbow? An upside down...
  5. Superplum

The first part of my post wound up within Gary s quote for some reason; Originally Posted by Gary Slusser DIYers, any time you use a sacrificial mineral filter to neutralize acidic water, you will add some hardness to the water. Usually not more than 4-8 gpg. So if you start out...
  6. Superplum

Captive air/bladder tanks usually have a galvanized steel inlet elbow on the bottom. This is where they tend to get pin holes when subjected to corrosive water. If the tank is under warranty, it will be covered since the elbow is considered part of the tank. Of course you still have to change...
  7. Superplum

If you meant me Water Solutions, it would have to go after the pressure tank. I didn't say I would definitely use an upflow, only that it was an option. Unless he is starting out with a near zero hardness, than a softener should also be used (after the neutralizer) since he is raising the...
  8. Superplum

To repeat another thread, I think you should address the PH problem as a whole. Low Ph can be a bigger problem then hardness. Didn't you get a water test before installing a softener? A softener won't raise the PH. If you don't have too high of a TDS (total dissolved solids) you can use a...
  9. Superplum

pH 6.1 after softening..how can I raise it ?

I think you should address the PH problem as a whole. Akpsdvan has the right idea. Low Ph can be a bigger problem then hardness. Didn't you get a water test before installing a softener? A softener won't raise the PH. If you don't have too high of a TDS (total dissolved solids) you can use a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks