Search results

1. diymomma

Duravit vario help needed

Ok, took a closer look and some measurements. The Vario is a thinner plastic (ABS?) with an outer diameter of 10.5 cm. The US pipe is thicker (PVC?) and an outer diameter of 9 cm. Nothing is roughed through the wall yet, just brought up into a storage room behind the toilet and capped so far...
  2. diymomma

It is a floor mount toilet, and I am using the vario for a rear outlet application.
  3. diymomma

I agree that I shouldn't have to figure this out for him, but I did not see any directions or spec sheet included with either the toilet or the vario kit myself. He says he has asked at the plumbing supply place, and he has tried calling Duravit, and has gotten no response. I was hoping that I...
  4. diymomma

Bought a Duravit Happy D and the vario connector for a small attic powder room where rear discharge was needed. Problem is, my plumber has never installed one before and is confused. He doesn't know how to connect the Vario to the pipe he already roughed into the wall. He took some of the...
  5. diymomma

Carrier question for wall hung toilet

hJ just came across a photo from before the plumber came in. You see the toilet vent, and just above it is the WM drain pipe running at about a 45 degree angle-with the water flow going from left to right. Follow the line it makes to the other side of the water tank, and you see where it drops...
  6. diymomma

Yeah, well, the hose was pushed into the drain -a somewhat snug fit atleast- and I can say that the water running back into the WM was not the cleanest. Ugh. What I meant was a rise of 4 feet over a run of 6 feet. Certainly not ideal. That is why I decided to have my GC get the washer and...
  7. diymomma

The plumber went ahead and removed the lav in anticipation of the remodel since neither sink or toilet was functional right now. When they put a lav back in during the remodel, and vent back up, will that be venting the toilet again? And where should the washer be draining into? When they...
  8. diymomma

Yes, he is using that for the washer drain. I think the washer was draining into it already, but in a very round about and uphill way (the washer drained into a small pipe only a foot off the floor, went several feet at a minimal pitch, through the wall, around the corner where all the other...
  9. diymomma

Just took my contractors word for it. He re-routed the washer drain for me, and seemed to know what he was doing there (and my washer now drains properly). I'm not sure if you can make anything out from the photos I took, but I'll post (if I can figure out how) them just in case. I'm thinking...
  10. diymomma

The wall is completely open on the other side- right next to the furnace, etc. for all to see. He said the powder room sink is vented though, so plans are to tie in to that vent stack I think. My contractor and plumber seemed to agree that the carrier needed to be changed, but I still didn't...
  11. diymomma

I'm remodeling the basement powder room to add a shower. I figured I would replace the old blue wall hung toilet with a new one, either the AS or the Gerber mentioned here (still undecided which). I wish there were nicer looking wall hung with exposed tanks (just don't trust a tank I can't...
  12. diymomma

porcher reprise cartridge removal- diy or plumber?

Shower going on a rampage- only hot water comes out. Porcher kindly sent a new thermostatic control cartridge. When I asked if it was something I could replace myself, I was told "depends on how handy you are." Fair enough. So-- I have the handles, cover plate, escutcheon and temperature cap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks