Search results

1. Beekmansup

Cast iron radiators and Takagi TH 2

Very interesting, I did learn something new but I still have a big Q: If the boiler has a sealed fresh air intake and if you clean properly the chimney, why you can't take the intake air from there? The reason for such idea is that air from 30' has less dust than 1' from ground and if you seal...
  2. Beekmansup

Man, you are a gold mine in knowledge of the heating systems calculation and I really appreciate your help. I wish to send you something besides my thanks to show you how much your advice means to me but I don't know how or where. My background involves in dally basis the mechanical components...
  3. Beekmansup

The house is a Cape Cod type - brick walls on the outside studs with gypsy walls in the inside (lime, sand, gypsum over wire mesh) no insulation in between except air. The 2 rooms in the second floor (attic???) are very hot in the summer and cold in the winter which means no insulation or a very...
  4. Beekmansup

I did contact a friend plumber (he doesn't have college degree in plumbing) for a loss heat calculation and he told me that an accurate +/- 3% LHC will be $150 to find the correct size of a boiler but he appoint me to this BTU calculator which have a +/- 10% accuracy who give me 40,342 BTUs. The...
  5. Beekmansup

Thank you,Dana.This weekend I will go to that house in PA and measures all the SF of radiators to make a clean calculation of the heat loss. The problem is, I like to change the old boiler and mechanicals with a new more efficient cast iron boiler and mechanicals and keep the old radiators(...
  6. Beekmansup

Thank you for your help guys. I decided to go with a Burnham ES2-4, 77,000 BTU and my cast iron radiators and an Outdoor Reset Module to make this 85% efficient boiler to save more gas and I will line the chimney with 5" ss liner and build a box around the boiler with a duct of filtered outside...
  7. Beekmansup

I have a house with very inefficient gas boiler, one 1†one way single loop pipe and 7 cast iron radiators. I wanted to replace this system with a radiant open system for the reason that is the most efficient system. I bought all the supply necessary to build that system including 2 Takagi TH2...
  8. Beekmansup

I have a house with very inefficient gas boiler, one 1†one way single loop pipe and 7 cast...

I have a house with very inefficient gas boiler, one 1†one way single loop pipe and 7 cast iron radiators. I wanted to replace this system with a radiant open system for the reason that is the most efficient system. I bought all the supply necessary to build that system including 2 Takagi TH2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks