Search results

1. M

Shallow Well Trouble/Issues

So the 25' limit does not apply to the length of the pipe, but only from the pump to the water level in the pipe? Also, we might try the poly pipe with a foot valve as well. We've had a poly pipe up there that we test with every time as well, to rule out the suction pipe having a leak, but we...
  2. M

Thank you for the responses Porky. I am a lot more confident that we will be able to solve our issues the next time we take a trip to the property. The first thing I plan to do is use the string to check water level. If it still shows that we have 5+ feet of water in the pipe, I will at least...
  3. M

I have another question as well. I read on a website that "it is just as important to prime below the check valve as it is to prime above the check valve". I never understood that statement, because if water is poured down the pipe below the check valve than it just disperses and never fills to...
  4. M

Hello everybody. This is my first time posting anything about my issues with a shallow well. I finally decided it was time to search for extra help. My family owns property in Isabella County, Michigan. Two years ago we decided to take on the adventure of putting in our own shallow well. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks