Search results

1. JDM

Bad Check Valve? Pressure tank drains during power outage.

I didn't anticipate that. Looks like I'll check both sides of the system before I start digging holes! Our filter & softener have Fleck 7000 SXT valves. Maybe they operate when the power is out and flushed one of the tanks? One of them has a flow indicator. That will be my first check. THANKS!!
  2. JDM

Yes, more great advice. I don't think it was usage in the house as we went to bed just after the power went out. Also, when I got up in the morning I found no pressure so I checked the pressure tank. I could easily rock it indicating it appeared to be completely empty. Let me know if I'm wrong...
  3. JDM

Good point... The pump is in the well (~180ft). I guess I'll be digging things up to check the valve and the pitless adapter. Thanks! - Joe
  4. JDM

We've been in our new house about a year now. We finally had a sustained power outage. When I woke in the morning there was no water pressure. I checked the pressure tank and found it was empty! This has happened twice now. I assume it is the check valve (located a foot or two below ground at...
  5. JDM

Well Filtering / Softener Recommendations?

We are building a new house, 4500 sq ft, three bathrooms. There will be only two of us in the house but we are planning ahead for lots of guests and grandkids. I have not been able to determine the flow rate from the well yet because the pump controller went out after we got our sample. I...
  6. JDM

Well Filtering / Softener Recommendations?

I've been waiting in the background while waiting for the results of my water analysis. I would sincerely appreciate your recommendations on the type of filtering we need for our well. We are building a new home and have not connected anything to the well yet. The well was installed in 2007 and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks