Search results

1. plumbbob

Radiators still only bleeding air...ideas?

So I shut off the system, left the fill line open and still only get air coming out (upstairs). I looked at the fill line and there is a B&G reducing valve (model 110192) with a 'flip lever' on the top. It seems that water only enters the system when I flip the lever up. Inbound water...
  2. plumbbob

radiators only bleeding air, no water

Hi - i've been noticing our (hot water) radiators have been in need of bleeding (cold at the top, hot at bottom) so I went ahead and did it yesterday. I shut off the system, turned off the fill line and bled the radiators. I started on the downstairs units and they bled air to water just fine...
  3. plumbbob

Good source for stock/base plans?

I've got a customer that just wants 'a bathroom and laundry' in their unfinished basement. The nice thing is we've got freedom to do what we want...the bad part is that i'm not a designer. The could hire someone, but really don't want to. Anyone know a good source to get some stock plans...
  4. plumbbob

Sewage Ejector Pump Suggestions?

I've seen several brands of pumps, but have no idea which to choose. I am leaning towards little giant, but thought this group would be the best place to ask. A related question - in planning for the install, what kind of access should I allow for the area around the pump well? I would...
  5. plumbbob

Looking for recommendations on a new tub

I'm starting to plan a bathroom addition and want to get some opinions on bathtub fixtures before I start drafting anything. I'd like a nice big (6') soaker tub and prefer cast iron (or at least not acrylic/fiberglass). Not really looking for whirlpool function, but that's not ruled out...
  6. plumbbob

Leak in radiant floor, ideas?

I just finished installing the wood floor over radiant and went to do the pressure test, only to find a leak. I can actually hear the rough area where the leak is coming from (if I lay down on the floor). I'm not excited about the idea of ripping up part of the new floor to get at this area...
  7. plumbbob

Make your own radiant floor sandwich

I'm about to embark on building my own radiant subfloor sandwich, and wondered if anyone had experience doing it? It's not financially efficient to use the Wirsbo (or similar) prefab products, so I was going to lay 1x6's and place the tubing in channels lined with aluminum to diffuse the heat...
  8. plumbbob

Shower pan losing water, but not leaking...

I tried the shower pan balloon trick, and the water level dropped about half overnight. BUT, there's no sign of water anywhere below! Could it be that balloon is not sealing the drain properly? I used the long thin kind they use to make balloon animals... Thanks, Matt
  9. plumbbob

leak from upstairs, need help to locate!

Hi - i came home about 2 weeks ago to find a small puddle (maybe 1/4 cup) on the floor. There were no signs of where it came from, and had clearly stopped. About 3 days later I was sitting in the room and heard a drip drip. It seems as if the water is eventually coming out from the...
  10. plumbbob

sewage ejector pump question

hi - I posted before but I think the question was confusing. I want to put in a basement bathroom, but it will be below the main drain line. Can I use a pump to support an entire fixture group? Thanks, Matt
  11. plumbbob

13.5 inch rough in toilet replacement help

Hi - jut about to order a new toilet to replace the original 1920's two piece unit which is now failing. The existing rough in has the bolts at 13.5 inches from the wall. Obviously i can just put the new unit on the existing bolt placement, but it will 'push' the toilet more into the room than...
  12. plumbbob

sewage ejector load/max usage question

Hi - Working on a plan for a basement bath project with a cieling height of 6+ feet. The desire is to lower the slab and make the bathroom height closer to 8 feet, but to do that I'd need to lower the entire sewer line...or I could use a sewage ejector - right? My question is how much volume...
  13. plumbbob

Tub won't drain, other fixtures are fine...

We've a full bath (combo shower/tub, lav and toilet) where the tub either does not drain at all, or will take 48 hours to finally go down (when aided by chemicals I know I should not be using). The lav and toilet have no flush/drain problems, so I'm not thinking it's a bad vent...
  14. plumbbob

Wet venting no-no?

So we want to add a bathroom in the attic right above an existing bathroom with the main stack easily accessible. I know the right way to do it is to cut into the main stack below the existing bathroom and run a drain stack parallel to the main, joining them below to avoid wet venting a...
  15. plumbbob

New sink is lower...need to lower drain?

Hi - we're putting in a new kitchen sink, and it's about 6 inches deeper than the old one...so now the plumbing needs to come up substantially after the trap. Is that ok? Should I cut the junction in the wall and drop it down to match the new level? Thanks, Matt
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks