Search results

1. yan2hua

What is this rustic water come from--New tankless water heater

Hi, Thanks for everyone ! The problem was gone After replacing the Union with tankless valve kit ( all are mady by brass) The problem was generated by the Union even it does not directly touch the copper pipe, but the water conducted the elelctrolyte-ion migration and the electricity (tankless...
  2. yan2hua

Hi, Every One, Thanks for all the thoughts. Now I think it is not the dediment, since I have another water heater without the problem. And the cold water line is always clean. Please see the attached picture, Will this "Union" create the problem. It is not a brass/copper Union for both...
  3. yan2hua

The rusty color water will only last about 10 seconds, then clean. it will come back if not used for a while. I have flushed (run the heater in 140 F degree) for an hour, but the rust-color water showed up again right after not using it for a day.
  4. yan2hua

Please see the picture in the begining post. There are two water outlet, one is right before the heater(at the cold water line) and the another is right after the heater (at the hot water line). The water always clean before the heater. The water after the heater will become rust-color if it...
  5. yan2hua

how to explain the test item 3: cold water in (clear) but rusty color(cold too, the heater shutted off) out of the heater, if it is water source problem ?
  6. yan2hua

Hi, Here are more testing results, Please help to reasoning the root cause: 1. The deposit can be desovled back to water completely if the bucket is vibrated in couple of seconds. And it will deposit again into the bottom after a day. 2. Had the tankless water heater run in highest...
  7. yan2hua

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Here are more information and testings: 1. the water source is city water and it is drinkable. I have another tank water heater with no any problems. 2. The first picture is the total amout of the rusty water will come from the hot water...
  8. yan2hua

I just intalled the GE tankless water heater. The hot water line will have about 10 seconds rust like water if it it not used for a day. So every day morning, there is about 10 seconds rust like water. The rust color will be more dark if not use hot water for a longer time. The plumber...
  9. yan2hua

Fitting for change in direction

One case is: see the attached drawing, 1-1/2" vertical PVC 6 feet up to a grill box with a Mini Studor on the top, only one kitchen sink, what kind of connections will meets the code. Also please see the drawing, is that all the fig meets the code.
  10. yan2hua

Fitting for change in direction

Hi, See the attached plumbing codes, 2006 IPC allow Wye & 1/8 Bend for Horizontal to Vertical connection and 2009 NSPC doesn't allow. Does any one know if 2009 IPC has changed this ? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks