Search results

1. AaronHartwell

Understanding my tankless with recirc system

Yep, that's my thinking as well. When it's shot, I'll pull it and go with a tank.
  2. AaronHartwell

Jastori - Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense and is consistent with what I decided last night after looking at the system a bit more. I'm pretty convinced the error code I mentioned above about a bad inlet thermistor is the culprit. Now I just need to figure out where one gets a...
  3. AaronHartwell

Ok, so I just took the cover off the Takagi TK-3 water heater and pushed a button that's supposed to bring up any error codes. I threw a 3-2-1 code which maps to "Inlet Thermistor Fail" Assuming the inlet and outlet thermistors work together to control temperature and decide when to power the...
  4. AaronHartwell

Ok, so there's an arrow on the back of the pump that would indicate the pump is indeed pumping left to right. So the ??? line is in fact the hot water return. Now I'm curious about the green valve. I wonder if that's cold water coming in with a one-way valve.
  5. AaronHartwell

Ewww… Good question. That would make more sense if the pump was pushing water to the right. It seems like that green valve (barely visible behind the yellow gas line in the photo) would need to be closed if that's the case. I'll check the pump tonight to see if it has any markings.
  6. AaronHartwell

Good debate on the degree to which temperature, flow, and mineral content all play a role in corrosion. :) I've been staring at my plumbing this weekend trying to figure out how it's set-up. If you look at the picture below you'll see that the cold water comes out of the wall and T's with...
  7. AaronHartwell

HJ - I don't see anything that obviously looks like a check valve or tempering valve at the heater but it's possible that there's one there and I'm just missing it? Here's a better picture... What do you think...
  8. AaronHartwell

Interesting. So it's really just a switch. That would explain why the manual doesn't mention anything about setting a temperature or time. I don't *think* the hot water heater has a timer built in but it does have a temperature setting I think. I'll re-read the manual. I wonder if I...
  9. AaronHartwell

Thanks for the reply Jim. Yeah, I saw lots of information about tankless hot water heaters not being supported with recirc pumps for various reasons. The manual on this TK3 said it has a built in controller for recirc pumps and supports them. Of course that doesn't mean mine is set-up...
  10. AaronHartwell

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. This is my first post. I have a relatively large house (5000 square feet) with a natural gas powered tankless hot water heater paired with a recirc pump. We've been in the house for three years and have recently started to have some trouble with our hot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks