Search results

1. sixgun95

Reverse Osmosis about to drive me CRAZY! e location

Nobody? Is it because the drainline, the red tube going to the horizonal pipe, is farther away from the vertical pipe now? Moving the red tube closer to the vertical pipe fix the noise?
  2. sixgun95

Reverse Osmosis about to drive me CRAZY! e location

Just had our existing 5 stage reverse osmosis system reinstalled and its about to drive us crazy. You use the equivlant of 1 pot of water from the spigot and then the "loud draining" noise occurs for about 45 min - 1 hr. Like I said this is an existing system, we had a leak, plumber slightly...
  3. sixgun95

Whole House Humidifier Advice

Nobody? Bit surprising.
  4. sixgun95

Whole House Humidifier Advice

I live in AZ and my wife has extremely dry eyes. I was thinking a whole house humidifier would help make her more comfortable. Do you folks agee? I would have professionally installed. 1. Any cons, such as mold potential? 2. House is 2900sq ft, any specific unit recommendations? I want a good...
  5. sixgun95

How Do These Irrigation Valves Shut Off?

Excellent! Where can I find a replacement diaphragm? What is the best way to match it? HJ - I am in North Scottsdale and work at the airpark if anyone knows of a place where I can find this part?
  6. sixgun95

The solenoid operated valves - two questions 1. If I have one zone that is not shutting off with the timer 100% of the time, is the solenoid the problem? How do you troubleshoot the solenoid? NOTE: I did find a leak in the main line that runs from that particular valve assy to the heads. Would...
  7. sixgun95

The piece on right, filter - just remove the small cap on top then turn water on to flush? It appears it may be designed for the whole top to come off, I assume to access filter. When to you backwash OR change these filters? I have one zone that the water did not shut off. I then found a leak...
  8. sixgun95

Didn't help me at all, hopefully others will reply.
  9. sixgun95

These are 2 of the valves for my sprinkler system. Can some explain to me how they operate? How do I shut them off manually? The two knobs I have circled, what do they do?
  10. sixgun95

Normal Softner Servicing?

DITTOHEAD - You recommended the guy I used here in Scottsdale - awesome dude and excellent install!
  11. sixgun95

When you see water coming level with salt to add. The container is about half full now and I can start seeing the water, seems early to ad salt but what do I know! I dont recall exactly what salt he said but its large pellets, I can look tonight. What do you recommend?
  12. sixgun95

All new to me - When do you add salt? How much do you add? Installer told me but just want to make sure I understood correctly. Had my new softner put in based on recommendations here, unit & installer - couldn't be happier!
  13. sixgun95

Hard Water Deposits

For vinegar, just spray it on and leave it or do the fixtures need to be scraped? I also heard that muratic acis diluted in water works well but I am hesitant it will trash the fixtures.
  14. sixgun95

Hard Water Deposits

How can I remove all the calcium and hard water deposits from all my fixtures? Just had a soft water system installed by a recommendation from someone here, what a difference!
  15. sixgun95

Hot/Cold Reversed on Moen Single Handle Shower Knob

Just turning the stem did it, thanks.
  16. sixgun95

Hot/Cold Reversed on Moen Single Handle Shower Knob

Had a plumber come by yesterday and he installed a new stem. Now the hot/cold is reversed. Really want the hot back on the left side. I read here that all you do is remove the handle and turn the stem 180 degrees? How do you turn the stem? Does it matter if I turn it clockwise or...
  17. sixgun95

Softner Install & Pool

I have a plaster pool, 10yrs old, want a soft water system installed. The pol would be fed automatically with soft water unless some major plumbing work was done so that it was't. Will this harm my pool? Anything I need to do special if I decide to have it fed by the soft water?
  18. sixgun95

Whole House Soft Water System

I appreciate all the input!
  19. sixgun95

Whole House Soft Water System

Need recommendations for a whole house soft water system. House is 2700 sq ft, only 2 live here but I want it sized for 6. I want to buy a good system that will last and is automatic. System recommendations? Last, any plumber / installer recommendations in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks