Search results

1. Carloliveira

Tub drain venting question

2018 national plumbing standard code one fixture 1/4 bends allowed I've attached a picture
  2. Carloliveira

I'm gonna be honest here but the old cast that was 3/4 built up on all walls let me pass a snake so I'm sure I could snake this hot mess if needed.....no issue and meets my locality code to be honest
  3. Carloliveira

-1 foot trap arm 1/4" slope -4 foot run 1" slope -Street 90 out of bottom of sani-tee from trap arm -Short radius 90 on 1.5" PVC change of direction permitted per my local towns accepted code for draining of one fixture only see attached below 2018 National Plumbing Standard Code
  4. Carloliveira

Just did that arrangement 2 weeks ago replacing what was already there due to a leak at tub drain and trap. It's strictly a dry vent that branches from the main vent (a re-vent I guess pro's call it) in the attic. Moving it closer to the trap to one side presents a problem with current water...
  5. Carloliveira

So it will be best to try first LT90 horizontal into Street San-Tee no roll vent pipe straight out of the top out of San-tee Street 90 due to floor joist proximity out of San-Tee, and downhill slope straight pipe after that.
  6. Carloliveira

Alright so final rough sketch....turn trap around to LT90 into San tee street rolled 45 degrees for clearance 45 elbow to connect vent and waste discharge from San tee street into LT90 and downstream with 1/4 slope...thanks again
  7. Carloliveira

So if I soak in what you said about dry vent with no horizontal run below flood rim see attached photo....thanks again....p-trap arm swings towards verticle vent pipe into san-tee long sweep elbow on bottom.
  8. Carloliveira

Bathtub p-trap arm enters waste pipe through WYE with 1/8 bend and behind that WYE is the branch vent that connects to the main vent in the attic. Based on what I reviewed in the 2018 National Standard Plumbing Code, which is what my location follows, Figure 12.6.2 - (A) shows a vent has to...
  9. Carloliveira

Verticle stack advice needed...

The DOUBLE WYE would allow me to move the entire horizontal to verticle connection to the main waste stack closer to the floor joists so I can regain headspace in the basement, the top of the DOUBLE WYE I could cap and wouldn't serve as much of a cleanout due to space restrictions up top, both...
  10. Carloliveira

Additional photo added to show both drains
  11. Carloliveira

I have two drains (horizontal runs) both the Lav and Tub are properly trapped and both are vented through my attic less than 2 feet from both of thier own traps that enter my basement and connect to a verticle stack. Because I plan on making a small configuration change to how the two horizontal...
  12. Carloliveira

humming motor sound in our wall

the fish tanks air supply pump is making the humming sound.....maybe
  13. Carloliveira

Plumbing a washer in correctly.......

Actually now I think about it the one way would be a flood waiting to happen on a stand pipe.......Sugar Honey Ice Tea
  14. Carloliveira

Hj, the sink has is own vent in the diagram the AAV is for the washer trap only.....the AAV would see the kitchen sink positive pressure in that instance..... Isn't your 2nd statement true even if the sanitary pipe was at ground level how bout a one way on the standpipe to prevent backups? Im...
  15. Carloliveira

that wall which the pipe is along side of is an exterior wall which is insulated it would be very tough to hog a hole and shove a pipe through it with insulation in the way......i should have known better that would've been to easy, i just find it awkward that the washer discharges through a...
  16. Carloliveira

Just want to begin by thanking everyone for their input before I ask kindly for your help... Currently my washer is plumbed into the sanitary through a one way valve then into a wye with no trap and unfortunately this is the way it was when I bought the home. The picture I'm posting along...
  17. Carloliveira

joining pvc to old cast pipe....

Two snapon 150 in lb torque wrenches with the right socket not good enough? I could get two snapon 75 in lb torque wrenches if need be too.
  18. Carloliveira

I'm pasting a link to the fernco proflex page but it doesn't tell you if it's hubless click on the models and assist me with what you think I should purchase the 3000-150 is what I think I need but it may be hubless http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/shielded-couplings/proflex-couplings Thanks for...
  19. Carloliveira

I've found fernco 1-1/2 (both sides) shielded coupling at Home Depot it's known as proflex will this suffice to attach cast waste pipe and cast vent pipe to PVC if it matters it's shield is made of 310 stainless.....the box was empty so I have to wait for the next shipment....
  20. Carloliveira

when connecting new pvc plumbing work to old cast pipes you must always use fernco couplings this is for waste water and vent as well correct?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks