Search results

1. Finch85

Another water heater PEX install question

Hello Just purchased a new electric water heater to replace my 15 year old State heater. The bottom element is burnt out and impossible to remove. I decided to go ahead and replace the entire unit to avoid any surprises in the future. Plus the wife isn't digging one working element. Anyway...
  2. Finch85

Does this element look replaceable?

Hello all, I have a 15 year old State Select 80 gallon water heater. We've been noticing some cooler hot water and our suspicions of a bad element were correct. The bottom element tests bad and looks pretty corroded. I know this unit has provided good service for its life but I would still...
  3. Finch85

Purchased new H2O softener - couple of plumbing questions

Good morning. I already have an older Culligan water softener that is on its last leg so I purchased a Fleck 5600SXT 48K softener. It arrived the other day and I'm making preparations for the install. My current supply plumbing is 3/4" Pex. My current softener was plumbed with 3/4" pex...
  4. Finch85

Pressure tank leaking from tee fitting. DIY repair?

So I noticed a little water in the floor below my pressure tank. In my non professional opinion/lingo, it is the brass tee fitting union. Not sure if that accurately describes it but I also have photos. It appears to be a little deteriorated. Is this something an avid DIYer should attempt or...
  5. Finch85

Delta R10000 rough in valve questions and more

I was doing a search and came across this thread which raised a few questions from me. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?43744-Shower-Rough-In My setup will inculde the R10000-PX, R11000 diverter valve, showerhead, and hand shower. I'll be using 1/2" PEX Couple questions... 1. I...
  6. Finch85

Can someone explain this soldering phenomenon?

I had to redo this particular fitting 4 times. A couple months back, my soldering went well especially given the fact it was my first time. Not so lucky this time. Here goes. I was having trouble with a 1/2" x 1/2" female adapter (copper to pex). It doesn't leak now but the joint still...
  7. Finch85

Converting to double sink-drain pipe too close to stud for double fixture fitting.

Hello again! Trying to plan ahead for our bathroom remodel. The plan is to have a double vanity but our bathroom was originally plumbed for one. The problem is that the sink drain pipe is a couple inches from a stud. I see a couple options but wanted to run it by you guys first. 1. Cut...
  8. Finch85

Bathroom remodel questions (moving a toilet)

Hello everyone! My name is Donnie and I've recently began a remodel on our upstairs master bathroom. Got some questions, of course. Here is a pic of vanity drain. I've already ordered the necessary plumbing to convert this to a double vanity. Now that I'm looking at the picture, I hope my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks