Search results

1. Finch85

Another water heater PEX install question

So I just unboxed my new water heater in preparation for tomorrows install and discovered it is dented at the top. Is this a big deal and worthy of trying to get an exchange? I know they'll probably suspect it being my fault but I'd prefer one in the shape I paid for it. Just roll with it?
  2. Finch85

Water Heater supply line leak

Thanks! I actually have some silicone grease for when I change out filters in my whole house water filter ( for the o-ring).
  3. Finch85

Water Heater supply line leak

Bringing this thread back to life. I just want to make sure I'll be doing this correctly as I've read conflicting info. Tomorrow I plan on replacing my electric water heater. I had previously purchased braided supply hoses but exchanged them for copper flex. If I understand correctly, I...
  4. Finch85

Yes, I have a well with pressure tank. Thank goodness because I've ever heard of a thermal expansion tank. I should still be good using copper or the falcon, right? I can get the copper quicker because falcon ships from the west coast I believe and I'm in VA. I have copper crimps for the pex...
  5. Finch85

Now that I've done a little more reading, what valve are you talking about on the intake line?
  6. Finch85

I'm familiar with falcon as that is what I used with my water softener but I thought copper would be superior with the water heater. I currently don't have a thermal expansion tank and wasn't planning on using one. I currently have a cut off valve plumbed in the PEX on the water heater side of...
  7. Finch85

Hello Just purchased a new electric water heater to replace my 15 year old State heater. The bottom element is burnt out and impossible to remove. I decided to go ahead and replace the entire unit to avoid any surprises in the future. Plus the wife isn't digging one working element. Anyway...
  8. Finch85

Does this element look replaceable?

I tried it last Sunday with no luck. I let some kroil oil soak around the threads for a day and tried breaking it loose with a breaker bar and a pipe for more leverage. Once I get a good day off with nothing else to do, I'll probably just replace the whole thing. Ill try everything I got to...
  9. Finch85

Does this element look replaceable?

Hello all, I have a 15 year old State Select 80 gallon water heater. We've been noticing some cooler hot water and our suspicions of a bad element were correct. The bottom element tests bad and looks pretty corroded. I know this unit has provided good service for its life but I would still...
  10. Finch85

Purchased new H2O softener - couple of plumbing questions

Thanks. So I'm still stuck on how I should best plumb this though?
  11. Finch85

Any other ideas on the softener drain line issue?
  12. Finch85

Btw, I picked up some of that danco silicone grease you recommended in my other thread when thinking I might have to take my pressure tank union apart. I'm safe to use that all throughout my softener install (connecting bypass and yoke together) as well as lubing whole house water filter...
  13. Finch85

I'm trying to comprehend what you are describing here. For lack of better words - sort of like a funnel so to speak? Have the softener drain into the 3" pvc and then rely on gravity to drain it through the smaller tube? Seems like it could get overwhelmed and overflow. I'm not sure understand...
  14. Finch85

Good morning. I already have an older Culligan water softener that is on its last leg so I purchased a Fleck 5600SXT 48K softener. It arrived the other day and I'm making preparations for the install. My current supply plumbing is 3/4" Pex. My current softener was plumbed with 3/4" pex...
  15. Finch85

Pressure tank leaking from tee fitting. DIY repair?

Just barely turned it and the leak stopped. I applied a moderate amount of force. Kinda hard to describe it though.
  16. Finch85

Well, crisis averted! Tightening did the trick. Thanks again for the advice - ill be able to use that in the future.
  17. Finch85

Gotcha. All I can see are the letters "BII"
  18. Finch85

Thanks guys. So you all are saying that my particular setup has an o-ring? I should probably have one on hand before attempting to take apart but I'll try tightening first. I'll let you know how it goes.
  19. Finch85

Thanks for the detailed how-to! It all makes sense. I'll try tightening it which should have been obvious to me but the union looks deteriorated or a little "flaky." Does brass tend to corrode or what not?
  20. Finch85

So I noticed a little water in the floor below my pressure tank. In my non professional opinion/lingo, it is the brass tee fitting union. Not sure if that accurately describes it but I also have photos. It appears to be a little deteriorated. Is this something an avid DIYer should attempt or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks