Search results

1. Todd Stull

Vikrell tub cracked today after 8 months

Glad they fixed it for you :) I don't think that repairs of that nature ever match up perfectly so that is where the repair guy's standards are at. Its good that a little wet sanding blended it in and it will be livable.
  2. Todd Stull

tile shower stall leaking - seems to be grout help!

... at this point, I think your best test will be to plug the drain and fill it as high as you can, flood testing it for a FULL 24 hours and see what happens
  3. Todd Stull

tile shower stall leaking - seems to be grout help!

Redoing a shower pan and leaving the rest can cause problems. Its always best to tear the whole thing down and start over. It could be anything though... Grout failure, bad seal around your faucet trim ring, preslope issues etc... When the pan was redone did you replace the whole pan or just...
  4. Todd Stull

Vikrell tub cracked today after 8 months

Ouch! I'm not sure how they are on tub warranties, check your paperwork. You may want to grab another cast iron for a redo...
  5. Todd Stull

What Shower Setup Do I Have??? (Pics)

Things may be a little different here in Pa. I've seen a bunch of those on claw foots, trailer tub/showers and basement showers with drylocked block walls. I never looked any further into them for obvious reasons:)
  6. Todd Stull

No-Barrier Shower Base/Receptor/Stall

In addition to all the good sites recomended, Swanstone has a lot of Universal Design options as well!
  7. Todd Stull

Total Gut - Shower advice needed

Greg, That looks like a pretty good design there. I think that if you go with a linear drain on an angle like that, you'd probably need a custom sized drain to extend closer to the corners. John will have alot of good ideas for you!
  8. Todd Stull

Soundproofing around a shower?

Great points!! That's basically what I was trying to say but I should have worded things a little better.
  9. Todd Stull

What Shower Setup Do I Have??? (Pics)

I don't know what brand it is but that's a faucet for a Claw Foot tub. You should be able to stop in a local plumbing supplier with pictures and they will order you a faucet kit.
  10. Todd Stull

... a sterling kit will last 20 to 30 years as is, however, tile showers need to be built with the proper products and typically more expensive products across the board to meet that criteria.
  11. Todd Stull

I didn't really mean it like that but ok...;) Like I said before, I've installed Sterling Kits and the Swanstone Veriteks and they are both good products. I tend to veer towards the Swan side because the color selections are much better. Lately, I've added isulation to the install for those...
  12. Todd Stull

Which is a good Rotary hammer drill to buy for my remodel job?

I'm sorry to say that I have one of those and I had every intention that it would suck or break but it doesn't... It's pretty good and I beat it up pretty bad.
  13. Todd Stull

I've installed I think 2 of the Sterling kits in the past but mainly install the Swanstone Veritek when it comes to a "kit" install. Be sure to set your base in a bed of flexable mortar like Custom's Flexbond or Laticrete 253 Gold. It will make a nice solid floor and eliminate any creeks from...
  14. Todd Stull

That's why I recomended Insulation in the walls :) Others were offering some overly complicated solutions so I was just trying to keep it simple for you, that's all. Seems like dlarrivee has a problem with me for some reason or just taking frustration out on me due to the dislike of John. I...
  15. Todd Stull

Sounds like adding a whole bunch of steel in front of a stud wall makes sense but why would anyone go to the trouble for a $600 tub and wall kit... Throw some insulation in the wall and call it a day ;)
  16. Todd Stull

Grab Bars

They aren't too bad, it just depends on the customer. I think the Elio ones are pretty nice and not that expensive since I've heard of some other companies trying to charge $1,400.00 per bar. The Elio bars are easier to offer since the price is only a few bucks more than a Moen or Kohler even...
  17. Todd Stull

I guess I was right, :confused: Sometimes buying a whole roll of roofing paper doesn't make sense if your not going to use it any time soon so another option is some silicone inbetween stud and flange to cut out squeeking.
  18. Todd Stull

Sterling is a division of Kohler that makes the Vikrell tub and shower clip together kits
  19. Todd Stull

Edit: Just buy the cheapest insulation you can find since it's a Sterling kit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks