Search results

1. MrBillyd

Thermal Expansion

I had the size correct Jadnashua, I totally agree with you. I used the link in my post above, for sizing the Watts PL Tanks. I played with the automated calculator, that takes into account for range of temp, and number of gallons of the tank. I used 125 psi for my calculations in the macro...
  2. MrBillyd

Thermal Expansion

Here is a bit of background of my Thermal expansion problems. Here in Scottsdale, my water pressure was hitting about 100 during a 24 hour period. I have been seeing a bit of water on my garage floor from the over pressure relief on a daily basis. ( I think since they changed out my meter to a...
  3. MrBillyd

14/3 strange usage

I am in the middle of demo and rebuild of 40 feet of softit removal and raising all of my ceiling up to 8ft. The house was built in 79. I have been re working the existing wiring so I can reinstall all the dry wall. I found two strange usages of 14/3. The home builder ran 14/3 for two...
  4. MrBillyd

Dimmer Switches - What's a good choice?

Hello, I am entering into the LED arena with my Kitchen remodel. The CR 6 is made by Cree. You can find this at home depot under the http://www.*********.com/Electrical-Light-Bulbs-LED-Light-Bulbs/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbm79/R-202240932/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051 If...
  5. MrBillyd

Feed from Breaker Panel

Cacher_Chick clued me into my wrong judgment. I mispoke about my current 30 year set up. In another post I put the text printed on my old wire. It has 3 insulated conductors and no bare wire equipment ground. I wrongly assumed it was a 6/2. I just pulled the 6/3 copper wire today. Thanks...
  6. MrBillyd

Feed from Breaker Panel

Thanks for the reply. I assumed it was 2 hots and a ground on my old wiring.. I pulled the plug of my old stove apart and all 3 AL conductors are the same size. You helped clarify my confusion. So I will be getting the 6/3 to run my Oven. My new double oven will be next to my Induction...
  7. MrBillyd

Feed from Breaker Panel

Okay, by code if my stove/cooker dies can I replace it and use the existing 6/2 wire? I would assume the answer is yes? Just curious as I have not considered pulling out my existing 6/2 Now when I add the double oven, I need another feed so code says I need to use a 6/3 as your not allowed to...
  8. MrBillyd

Wire size for Induction Cooktop and seperate double oven.

My house was built in 79. I am removing my 30 year old stove/double oven combo. The wire that is being fed from the 50amp breaker is about 80 feet long. The markings say Stabiloy Type SE XHHW 300volts to ground 3CDRS 6 AL My new situation will be an Induction Cooktop on one breaker and...
  9. MrBillyd

Feed from Breaker Panel

Thanks for the feed back. After looking at it deeper, I have decided to give it a go to try and route the new wires the same way as all the Original wires. To make this possible I am going to roto zip one of blocks a foot above my panel as I plan on a stucco job over the slump block in the...
  10. MrBillyd

Feed from Breaker Panel

I am in the middle of a major Kitchen/lighting remodel. I tore out some sofits and AC ducting and ran new ducting over the joist. During this job, I of course found many of my Romex wirings not over the joist and in my sofits. So, I am almost completed rerouting all of these wires so I can move...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks