Search results

1. Jasesun23

Assistance in sizing a new hot water boiler?

I've been assisted a couple times in the past on this forum by knowledgeable members on my very old boiler. The boiler has finally met its end and I'm looking for a new one. I've read a bunch and watched a couple videos and its mentioned that most boilers are oversized by up to 3 times. Some...
  2. Jasesun23

Toilet Flange placement, short toilet recess

Redoing my downstairs bathroom. Even though its debated it seems the consensus is to place the toilet flange onto of the finished floor. However my toilet flange lip's thickness is 15/32. And the recess under the toilet is only 18/32. Included some pics. So with the toilet flat that leaves...
  3. Jasesun23

In-line Vent and slow basement sink drain?????

Hope you guys can help me. Try to give as much info as possible without going on and on. I have a basement sink and laundry machine set up (pics attached) It drains to a drywell in the driveway. The rest of the 2 story house drains to a septic tank on the side of the house to a leaching field on...
  4. Jasesun23

Pressure of pipe leading to Expansion tanks

I'm trying to figure out why the pressure gauge on the branch of pipe where my Expansion tanks connected is always 2-3 psi lower than the rest of the system. That is when the system is cold or when it is running. I've tested all 3 pressure gauges I have and they are all within .5 of each other...
  5. Jasesun23

Pressure Relief Valve Leaking??

I have a natural gas hot water heating system. Getting it ready for winter so I fired it up yesterday. This morning I noticed some water on the ground under the pressure relief valve. This afternoon I upped the thermostat to get it running and I see water dripping out of the Pressure Relief...
  6. Jasesun23

Coupling Types - no hub, shielded, flexible ????

Going to connect a 2" galvanized pipe to a 2" PVC pipe. Its above ground in my basement. I'm trying to get a firm understanding of the different types of connectors. I get that Name brands like Fernco and Mission used to mean certain models but they are really Brand names and both have all...
  7. Jasesun23

Old Bathroom Deme-Metal Lath and Concrete

So I decided to demo my downstairs bathroom to put in a new one . House was build late 50's and I think the bathroom was updated once 30 years ago. I'm just wondering has anyone every seen shower wall made of metal lath and concrete around 3 inches thick?? I measure from the back of the metal...
  8. Jasesun23

Pressure Reducing Valve reduced pressure fall offs????

Hi Guys, with the forums help I installed a Watts lf25aub-z3 pressure reducing valve and an expansion tank. Reduced my house pressure from 95-100 (city) to ~55. My question is about "normal" pressure fall offs? In my original post someone included a Watts chart, but i'm not sure if I'm...
  9. Jasesun23

Should I Add a Pressure Reducing Valve?

I was doing some work on my irrigation system and one thing I did was check the water pressure. The houses water pressure coming from the city is 100 PSI. Is that too high? Should I install a Watts pressure reducing valve right after the meter? I'mm reading online that 100 is too high and 60 -70...
  10. Jasesun23

Oil to Gas burner questions?

Considering switching to a natural gas from a oil burner (pics below). The boiler heats the water radiator heaters and also the hot water to the sinks and showers. Not sure why the boiler has 2 stickers posted on it but I've included the specs on both. Was hoping to get an idea if the quote I...
  11. Jasesun23

recommend best way to pipe sink/washing machine in basement

Hi. Need advice on the best/correct way to set up pipe the following situation. Ive included 2 pics below. My old sink/metal cabinet setup was completely rusted so I removed it. Upon inspection of the pipe it was rusted going down in the drain pipe so I removed all of it. It just lifted out of...
  12. Jasesun23

Have some issues with hot water boiler system

Could use some advice on how to fix or find the problem I'm having with my hot water heater system. I'll give a little background and i'll try not to go on too long. For the last couple year I have had water discharging from the pressure relief valve in the system. I used to just let it fill in...
  13. Jasesun23

4x3 Donut XH Cast Iron Hub

I have another thread where I'm remodeling my bathroom. I removed the old lead bend down to the cast iron hub. I'm trying to find the right sized donut to get a water tight seal but am having some problems. I've taken measurements using a 1/32 ruler and to the best I can read the ID of the CI...
  14. Jasesun23

Advice on bathroom pipes?

I'm redoing a second floor bathroom and gutted most of it. I would like some suggestions to replace the pipes while everything is open. Hoped to get some opinions here. From what I can tell even if i replace some of the piping in the floor it wouldn't do too much since I can't get to the pipes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks