Search results

1. Jasesun23

Assistance in sizing a new hot water boiler?

On a totally separate area could you guys give me a ballpark area of what replacing this would cost so I know if I'm getting ripped off. Making assumptions I will just replace it with a similar btu atmospheric unit. 100k boiler - $2,500 (online price, supplyhouse.com) new pipes, shut off...
  2. Jasesun23

fitter30- the pvc was a 4 ft section after the pressure release valve. It was just to direct water towards the floor. In the last 20 years the pressure was release only 2 times when new expansion tanks were needed. Going forward I can make sure there is no pvc, even on sections that don't see...
  3. Jasesun23

John I've seen posts talking about calculating size of boiler based on past heat bill usage, 99% design temp, and some other factors. I thought maybe someone with a better understanding of how that works could help me out.
  4. Jasesun23

Sylvan - thanks for the input. Like I mentioned I just see in so many posts of people saying boilers are oversized. Even 5 years ago when I posted about this boiler with some other issues I got comments from a couple of forum members that it was way oversized. I have no problem replacing it with...
  5. Jasesun23

I've been assisted a couple times in the past on this forum by knowledgeable members on my very old boiler. The boiler has finally met its end and I'm looking for a new one. I've read a bunch and watched a couple videos and its mentioned that most boilers are oversized by up to 3 times. Some...
  6. Jasesun23

Toilet Flange placement, short toilet recess

Terry I'll make sure to set up shims first as soon as I get the tile laid. This was more of a discussion to see how I should proceed. I'm going to lay tile, then put the flange in top of the tiled floor, then use was ring. I will make sure to get the tiles as level as possible but also use shims...
  7. Jasesun23

Reach4, I had a waxless foam seal from home Depot that I tested on it. It's 1/2 inch tick without any compression and I read it will compressed in half to 1/4. With it on and sitting on the toilet I could get the toilet to lay flat on the floor. It would rock. I believe I have less than a...
  8. Jasesun23

Reach4 I think I'll be fine installing the closet flange on top of the finished floor even though I'll only have a little space for wax. Searched the forums and post say the same as you, as long as there is a little space wax will work. I'm going to get a wax ring with no rubber flange/horn in...
  9. Jasesun23

Got it. At least I have a basic understand now of my options. Thanks
  10. Jasesun23

I took the calipers. If I let it sit on on the pvc part of the stainless steel flange it measures .422. If I cut the hole big enough to rest on the outside of the metal flange it measure .362. Thats gives me an additonal 1/16 of an inch. So now I have 1/8 of an inch to fit a wax seal into. Is...
  11. Jasesun23

No, let me try to explain it better. I have no problem mounting it above the finished floor, I've even read that's the best way to do it. It's that the floor flange stick up just under 1/2", 15/32 to be exact, from the top of the floor. The actual toilet only has slightly over a half an inch or...
  12. Jasesun23

Got a stainless steel closet flange. Its only slightly less thick than the all pvc one. So I'm going to have to make the closet flange flush with the floor given my circumstance, right? Another issue I'm worried about is the new Stainless steel closet flange drops right into the 4" pipe. There...
  13. Jasesun23

Redoing my downstairs bathroom. Even though its debated it seems the consensus is to place the toilet flange onto of the finished floor. However my toilet flange lip's thickness is 15/32. And the recess under the toilet is only 18/32. Included some pics. So with the toilet flat that leaves...
  14. Jasesun23

In-line Vent and slow basement sink drain?????

Very much appreciate everyone help. Cacher_chick I'm learning a little as I go and I'm getting more info from my parents. The laundry is definitely not hooked up to the main septic system that the whole house is set up to. The toilets, showers, dishwashers, sinks, everything on the first and...
  15. Jasesun23

All very interesting, thanks for the info. So I spoke to my parents, its their house. Apparently I misspoke, there is a small septic tank system in the middle of the driveway and the dry-well is at the end of the drive way. They said they had it cleaned once or twice when they moved in but...
  16. Jasesun23

Plumber69 only issues with that is I have no clue if one of these 3 vertical pipes is dry. The first pvc is the upstairs shower, the furthest is the downstairs shower, so that just leaves the middle. Don't know if thats sinks, toilets, or maybe dry. Is venting it outside to just above the...
  17. Jasesun23

When would a building inspector come to a private home for no reason. Thats sounds absurd. Hopefully someone else can share what some decent options are.
  18. Jasesun23

Hope you guys can help me. Try to give as much info as possible without going on and on. I have a basement sink and laundry machine set up (pics attached) It drains to a drywell in the driveway. The rest of the 2 story house drains to a septic tank on the side of the house to a leaching field on...
  19. Jasesun23

Pressure of pipe leading to Expansion tanks

Well look at that. Can I assume that if I put a pressure gauge at a radiator on the second floor an additional 16 feet up it would be 7-8 psi lower than the one next to the expansion tanks?
  20. Jasesun23

Pressure of pipe leading to Expansion tanks

I have one pressure gauge at bottom of boiler drain valve. I just open the drain valve to test once in awhile , so that gaugue is on the floor in the pic. The second is at the top of the boiler unit , so that's 3 feet above the floor. And the one by the xpansion tanks is towards the ceiling, so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks