Search results

1. Kadex

New softener help

Wanted to jump back in and say thanks for everyone's help. Got everything (except main bath-remodel time) hooked up yesterday. Got softener set up at 6 lbs. I noticed it did regen last night, is this normal for a new hookup?
  2. Kadex

New softener help

Appreciate that ditto, will take any help that's available.
  3. Kadex

New softener help

Hello, Been busy and about ready to turn on the new water lines. I got the 48K 5600xt softener and would like opinions on settings as follows. capacity - 27.3 hardness - 22 (I added 1 because of the minimal amount of iron) good or bad?? Safety Factor - 10% (not sure) Day override - 10 Brine...
  4. Kadex

New softener help

This is some great info, exactly what I was hoping for. Will have to go over this info more thoroughly later as I am out of time this evening. Thanks for the info.
  5. Kadex

New softener help

I'm mostly concerned about extra sodium that will be in the water after softened. I know that I'm not on some strict sodium diet but it might be a bit much for the parrots. I can give them non softened carbon filtered water as I currently do, I was hoping to get away from the calcium buildup in...
  6. Kadex

New softener help

Yeah and that means I will have to regenerate the softener at 1:00 to 1:30am since I usually get up about 3:30-3:45. One more thing I'm deciding on. I was originally planning on using Potassium for softening and just using the softened water for drinking. After thinking more about that I decided...
  7. Kadex

New softener help

Cool that's always a plus. When I first started looking I thought that if I got one too big it would take too long to regen, but I now realize that they have a few settings to adjust to what you need.
  8. Kadex

New softener help

Thanks for the reply I was kind of leaning toward the 48K but wasn't sure. Since the price difference is so minimal it would make more sense.
  9. Kadex

New softener help

Finally bought a house and got away from renting. Really need a softener and trying to figure this all out. Here are the details and what I have come up with. 1.5 bath standard shower and tub. no dishwasher but will get one eventually 1300 sqf home two adults currently have old galvanized...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks