Search results

1. Dean Erger

PVC Male - Brass Female Coupling

I'd appreciate any advice about using a SharkBite 1" brass PVC male adapter, model UIP140. I assume my valve is brass, but I don't really know. Here's the SharkBite. Am I correct that my valve is likely brass and that the SharkBite adapter will work, or am I better off going with an adapter...
  2. Dean Erger

Thanks for the advice. I haven't filled in the hole yet. Before I do, I'll redo my repair with a brass nipple/PVC compression coupling like hj and Smooky advised.
  3. Dean Erger

Smooky, that Transition Adapter looks like it would have been a much better choice than the PVC adapter that I used. I'll know better next time. I'm just a home owner with limited plumbing experience. Lack of knowledge about available plumbing parts, like those you mentioned, is always a...
  4. Dean Erger

Thanks for the help. We have a well supplying water to two houses. There's over 1/2 mile of pipe running through dirt, clay and sandy soil. It's not unusual to get a broken or leaking pipe. Over the course of wet and very dry times of a year, the ground sifts and breaks usually happen at a...
  5. Dean Erger

A pipe broke at the inlet side of the cut-off valve for my house. As can be seen in the photos, the PVC doesn't appear to have been screwed very far into the brass valve. Is that normal?
  6. Dean Erger

Is a Pressure Relief Valve Necessary when using a Jet Pump?

Thanks for the very helpful advice. I’ll install a PRV, but I’d appreciate some basic plumbing advice. What is the best way to join all the fittings shown in my diagram so that when I get them all sufficiently tightened the pressure switch and PRV are pointed in my desired directions...
  7. Dean Erger

My cistern supplies water to the pump inlet at about 14 psi, so my uneducated guess is that if my pump can do a maximum of 80 psi at five feet total suction lift, it should easily be able to do 80 psi, maybe more, with water from my cistern.
  8. Dean Erger

I’m installing a 1-½ HP Goulds J15S Jet Pump to pump water from a cistern. My pressure switch is set at 40/60 psi. Goulds says that the maximum shut off pressure for that pump is 80 psi (at five feet total suction lift). Is it advisable that I install a pressure relief valve? If so...
  9. Dean Erger

Jet Pump Dry Run Protection – How to Judge Pump Quality?

I installed an EPS15/9. Looks very well made. Heavy duty. Works fine.
  10. Dean Erger

Jet Pump Dry Run Protection – How to Judge Pump Quality?

I’m looking for a new shallow well jet pump, probably 1 hp. Do most cast iron pumps have built in protection in case the water intake runs dry? I want to get a pump that will provide long reliable service. I’d appreciate recommendations for quality pump brands, or what to look for in...
  11. Dean Erger

EPS15/99 Electronic Pressure Switch

Does the EPS15/99 remember its settings after a power loss?
  12. Dean Erger

How to Increase Well Water Pressure?

Based on my very limited knowledge, your suggestion might be a problem. 1. If the submersible pump has to flow up and out the top of my storage tank, then I’d have at least 11 feet of exposed pipe from the top of the tank to the ground. There isn’t any electricity near the tank, so keeping the...
  13. Dean Erger

How to Increase Well Water Pressure?

I’d appreciate advice on increasing my water pressure. I have a well system with a very large water storage tank (about 8 ft high and 6 ft in dia., with a 2†outlet pipe). Water from the storage tank goes through a booster pump for pressure, then to a 20 gallon Champion pressure tank (on a...
  14. Dean Erger

Booster Pump - Switch Chatter

Thanks. I thought that they were referring to a pressure tank, but I wasn't sure.
  15. Dean Erger

Booster Pump - Switch Chatter

I have a water well system with a water storage tank. Water from the storage tank goes through a booster pump for pressure, then to a pressure tank (on a “Tâ€) and on to my home. I’m planning to replace the booster pump with a Red Jacket 100SRJ shallow well jet pump. The installation...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks