Search results

1. JohnHaas

Well Pump Won't Stop Pumping After Dry Condition

Thanks again for the input guys. A guy from the company who installed the well came out to the house this morning. He said the pump motor is fine, and assured us that it is sufficient for the job. He said the well is very low on water and suspects we have a water leak somewhere in the...
  2. JohnHaas

I found the invoice for the pump replacement back in 2006 (so the original was less than three years old at the time, and it was longer ago than I thought). 1HP 320V, 2 Wire 1PH Franklin Pump Motor "Pump is set at 580 feet" So based on Waterwelldude's comments, it's not wonder these pumps are...
  3. JohnHaas

Maybe I should clarify. The Pumptec has two lights on it - Green "Power On" and Red "Tripped". Under normal operation, when the tank is fully pressurized, both lights are off. Since the "Toilet Incident", the green "Power On" light is on all the time, and the red "Tripped" light is on *most*...
  4. JohnHaas

Thanks for the additional info (and your sympathy for my situation)! :) Nine years though - it's worse than that! We had the pump replaced just two or three years ago. They must have replaced the original pump with one equally insufficient. That first replacement was under warranty. I...
  5. JohnHaas

Thanks for your reply - what you say makes sense to me. I assume there's no way to recover from the dead-head condition other than replacing the pump. You are correct about the Pumptec being the Franklin motor protector, but I have no information on the pump itself, so I can't help with that...
  6. JohnHaas

About four night's ago the tank on one of our toilets failed to seal after a flush, and the water stayed running all night. In the morning, nothing came out of our faucets. I turned the breaker off for the well pump for a couple hours and then reset the breaker and we had water again...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks