Search results

1. 8888

Stat Battery

Is there a way to pigtail a battery onto a stat that doesn't have battery backup? I need a way to supply it with just enough power if the house power goes out.
  2. 8888

Air Handler

I'm replacing an existing split heat pump and I would like a little knowledge BEFORE contractors come out to give estimates. I know which condenser I want, but I'm confused regarding the air handler portion. Apparently there is not a matching set (Condenser 'A' gets paired with Air Handler 'A')...
  3. 8888

Stat Test

I have a new stat that I would like to explore the menus to see things like Firmware version etc. but I don't want to install it yet. Is there a safe alternate way to power it up, but not wire it to the HVAC equipment?
  4. 8888

Tub Drain Solution?

I could use your help with options for installing the drain on a freestanding tub. The install is on a concrete slab, so what I have leftover from the previous tub is a square hole in the slab, dirt below, and the old P-Trap in the hole. My concern is that the install instructions ask you to...
  5. 8888

Moving a circuit

Would any electrical pros check me on this please. I have removed a jet spa bathtub, so now there is a receptacle that I don't need. On the bathroom end is a GFCI receptacle where the pump plugged in. On the panel end is a 20a breaker. Yellow romex connecting them. This appears to be a...
  6. 8888

Venting AV Exhaust

I could use some feedback on options to terminate an AV closet exhaust fan. It’s an inline fan located in the attic, and since it’s only venting warm dry air I don’t think I need to worry about moist air such as from a bathroom. Guesstimates: - the exhausted air from the AV equipment 90º-95º...
  7. 8888

Dishwasher Power Cord

I need to make a dishwasher power cord. New DW specs: 12a/1450w Min 14g 167ºf Current house wiring: dedicated 20a circuit [12g] 15a split receptacle [w/disposal] Q: Can I use ±6' of SJOOW [300v] & add a 15a plug? [the other end = pigtail to DW] Q: 14/3 [18a] or 12/3 [25a] Is...
  8. 8888

Adding new receptacle and switch

Hello, I would appreciate any pro electricians to check my proposed wiring. I need to add a new receptacle and switch to my AV closet by tapping into an existing circuit. The receptacle will be to power the AV gear, and the switch will turn on/off a cooling fan. Assuming that there are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks