Search results

1. Johnnyf0614

Shower Drain - Lead and Oakum?

I’m getting a slight leak on the outside of my shower drain pipe. When looking at the drain, there is a small gap around the silver shower pan drain/ring. I’m thinking water may be sleeping behind that and following the drain pipe and dripping into ceiling below. I was going to caulk around the...
  2. Johnnyf0614

Autotrol 440i

i have an Acid Neutralizer with an Autotrol 440i control. The Neutralizer hasn’t been run in a few months. I started it up and ran a manual regeneration. It appears at the end of the cycle I still hear water draining very slightly. Almost like it’s dripping. I ran a regeneration a second time...
  3. Johnnyf0614

Sub Zero Temps - Boiler cycling

We have had a feed days straight of extreme sub zero temperatures. My oil burner cannot keep my house warm. It’s holding steady around 65 degrees even though my thermostat is set for 70. The circulator appears to be running. The pipes are hot. The baseboards are warm. The furnace is cycling on...
  4. Johnnyf0614

well pump tripping breaker

Had work done recently. Had pitless and adapter replaced, and new check valve replaced at pump. Pump worked fine for a few days. Unfortunately it's tripping the breaker now. I have a 3/4 hp 2 wire pump, on 2 15amp lines. Well guy came back out and said that pump is starting at 20amp+. He...
  5. Johnnyf0614

Tank T Leak

I have a few small leaks/drops at the tank t connector. Would these cause the pressure in tank to go down. My pump is now running about every 8 minutes. I did some work at the connector and now can't get the drips to stop. Have a plumber coming tomorrow to check and hopefully fix the drips. Just...
  6. Johnnyf0614

Pressure not holding

I've replaced my bladder tank about 3 years ago. I noticed that my pump will turn on about every 5 minutes or so, and I do not have any water running. About 3 months ago, I needed to added about 20 PSI to my pressure tank. Is this a sign that the bladder may have burst?
  7. Johnnyf0614

Air in Pressure Tank

I've had my pressure tank for about 3 years now. In the beginning I maintained it by checking air etc, however I haven't checked it in at least a year or so... A few months ago I did some plumbing work on lines after the pressure tank. I happened to check my air pressure today and it was in...
  8. Johnnyf0614

Brazing Question

Pardon my lack of knowledge... I have approximately a 13 year 3 ton York AC unit. I recently lost all of my R22 to a leak at the compressor. Repairman from one of the big HVAC companies by me quoted me $2000 to replace Compressor and add new R22. Or he can try and fix the leak. He was able...
  9. Johnnyf0614

Pressure Tank Question

Newbie here... I've lived in my house for about 5 years. Never had well water before. My wife and I have always been on public, but since onwing the home, always noticed that the pressure has always been low. While taking showers we can always feel the pump and pressure kick in typically...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks