Search results

1. ForkWheelDrive

Problem with water spots on chrome fixtures

Mr Moore, you sound like you're at the same place I am. My water quality is very similar to yours and I've done the evaporation experiment many times. I never got the dried residue tested itself, I really just use it as a visual indication of what the water will leave on the fixtures. I've...
  2. ForkWheelDrive

Washing Machine Drain in Basement w/ CAD Drawing

Thanks for the suggestions! Like I said I was trying to keep it simple so that's why I sketched the most direct option but I was definitely unsure about it. Looks like I will use the laundry pump.
  3. ForkWheelDrive

Bathroom fan vent path when joists are parallel to wall?

I installed a bathroom vent fan in a similar situation. The duct runs through the joist space about 5' then elbows up into an attic area (its a 1 1/2 story home where the second floor has dormered ceilings, so thats why there is attic space on the second floor). Once it elbows up and over the...
  4. ForkWheelDrive

Washing Machine Drain in Basement w/ CAD Drawing

I am in the process of installing a washer and dryer in the basement of my 1950's house. There were no dedicated laundry utilities before so they are all being added. I am trying to figure out how the washing machine drain could work. The attached drawing shows the existing piping to the septic...
  5. ForkWheelDrive

Gary, thanks for the quick response. Is 26 mg/l silica considered a high level of silica? Enough to cause the build-up and difficult cleaning I am guessing. I know the TDS is high, but is it the silica component alone that is making it hard to clean? Some questions about the well...
  6. ForkWheelDrive

Hi all - I am back with my lab results! Hopefully this can shed some light on the white build-up issue I am having (as described above). Please look over these and let me know your opinion in regards to my treated water causing white build-up. My treatment system consists of a Acid...
  7. ForkWheelDrive

Gary, thanks for the great info. My issue with the treatment company has been to make sure that the equipment was operating properly. They assured me it was, proof being that the water was now testing soft. However, they made no mention of efficiency so I will explore that more. Is it possible...
  8. ForkWheelDrive

All, thank you for the suggestions. Looks like I need to outline my equipment to help clarify if the white scale/buildup is a problem with the equipment or an unknown in the raw water. The Softener and Acid Neutralizer were recommended, installed, and programmed by a well water treatment...
  9. ForkWheelDrive

I see your point. I bought the tester because my well water company told me that TDS was "low" when they were trying to identify the buildup issue. They said "Well I see your problem, but the treated water tests soft and the TDS is low, so I don't what the problem is." --As if I was...
  10. ForkWheelDrive

Gary, thanks for the tips. That seems reasonable. I will look into chloride, sulfate, and possibly silica in the raw water. It may be worth noting that the issue is primarily in the shower (I have read that silica will seperate at higher temperatures such as in the hot water only). The hot...
  11. ForkWheelDrive

Ditto thanks for the quick reply on this year old thread...I am hoping to find out what this turned out to be in the original poster's case so I have an idea of what to test for. I guess I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can before I start my own thread on this. But since you...
  12. ForkWheelDrive

Mr. Moore, any luck resolving this issue? I have been doing my research and scouring the forums and this is one of the only posts I've found that seems to match my problem. My raw water tests similar to yours (Iron & Hardness, TDS around 500) and I've been running a ProFlo-SXT Softener (new in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks