Search results

1. ManCave

Adding Second Sink to Vanity

Hi Everyone. I am looking to add a second sink to my kid's double vanity that currently only has one sink (stupid decision not to just pay for it while the house was being built, I know). Anyway, here are some pics I took while the house was being built. I believe I have a single 1.5” ABS...
  2. ManCave

Finished Wall Against Cinder Block in Basement?

I am finishing my basement and have an issue I'm not sure how to tackle. The one side of my basement stairs is right up against the cinder block wall. This leaves me no room for furring strips and drywall as that would be as wide as my stair stringer and leave no room for baseboards down the...
  3. ManCave

Basement Finish Flooring Questions

I am finally getting to finish flooring on my basement project and I had a few quick questions. First some background. I have 1" XPS insulation against the concrete floor with 5/8" OSB on top of that. Half of the space will be laminate or cork flooring and the other half will be carpet. I...
  4. ManCave

Condensation Buildup - Basement

I am slowly finishing my basement and while working on it the last few days I noticed condensation building up on the gas line and the PVC intake pipe for the furnace. There is enough there that it is dripping on the floor pretty regularly. Tonight I also noticed the main electrical line...
  5. ManCave

Basement HVAC Questions

I am finishing my basement and am wondering how many supplies and returns I should put in the finished space. The finished area of the basement is about 14’ x 35’ ( about 490 sq ft, just under 4000 cubic feet). It’s a pretty well insulated space and I’m not even done insulating yet. I...
  6. ManCave

HVAC Duct Insulation

I am finishing my basement and will have to put the main trunk(s) of my HVAC system in a soffit. I would like to insulate the duct work both for energy efficiency and to try to keep some of the noise from the basement from traveling up the ductwork to the upstairs. Do I need to use special...
  7. ManCave

Finishing My Basement - Insulation Questions

Hello everyone. I stumbled across this site because I’m doing some research before starting to finish my basement. I’m glad I did there is a lot of good info here. Anyway, I wanted to get opinions on my basement finishing plans – at this point mostly the insulation plan… Dana...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks