Search results

1. jok

Double Sink and Disposer Drain Location

Nevermind. Got it all worked out. See below. Thanks again for the help.
  2. jok

Thanks, guys, for your help. Unfortunately, this project keeps throwing me curve balls. Turns out I should have moved the santee a few inches lower because I don't have enough height to get all these fittings lined up. The only out I see is to use a center outlet tee. Anything inherently wrong...
  3. jok

Thanks, Terry. Yes, new disposer. I was super excited about it, too, until I read last night some of the comments on this forum about Waste King. Hoping for the best, though. I had another idea last night after posting... If I flip the dual drain/disposer so that the tee is on the disposer...
  4. jok

Hoping someone here can save the day again. We installed a new double sink with our new cabinets/counters. I knew I'd have some plumbing to reconfigure, as the existing sink was a single basin. What I did not account for was that the new sink drains are set further toward the back of the sink...
  5. jok

Hose clamp will not seal!

Thanks very much, HJ! I waited a few days to reply, so I could run the dishwasher a few times. It definitely did the trick. So, is your description the "correct" way to do it, or is it just a solution to this symptom of a slightly oversized connector? Just curious for the next time. Thanks!
  6. jok

Hose clamp will not seal!

This shouldn't be so difficult. Dishwasher drain is connected to garbage disposal. Existing rubber connector that connects hose to disposal cracked and was leaking. No problem, just replace the rubber coupling. Went out and bought a new $2.99 Lasco coupling, slipped one end over the disposal...
  7. jok

When will my sweat joints leak?

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the speedy responses. In addition to being awesome, you've all scared the sh!t out of me. I was at work all day today wondering how much water would be in the crawlspace. Rushed home, and it turns out that everything is still fine. Passed a 24-hour leak...
  8. jok

Thanks, HJ. Is that an example of something you've seen many times? Does it take an impact for the leak to show itself? Seems like sort of a fluke. I've jockeyed the pipes around to get them just right, installed plugs for testing, swapped the test cartridge plug for the mixing valve...
  9. jok

Took on my first copper soldering job today -- replacing my bath tub faucet PBV. I practiced with some 1/2" pipe/fittings and got the technique down. What I didn't anticipate was the problems I'd have making the brass to copper connections. Now that I've dug through the forum threads, I see...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks