Search results

1. mrtmills

Boiler firebox damage

Hi, I have a 2002 boiler in a 2600 sqft house which I just bought. Large pipes, CI rads and no boiler protection, careless owners etc. Lots of evidence of condensation. The firebox looks terrible and I'd like some opinions on it if you have the time. Attached is a photo of the target area and...
  2. mrtmills

Iron filter and softener advice

Hi, I've been on here before trying to find information on fixing my well water but I've not purchased anything yet. My water has a sulfur smell mainly in the hot water but some in the cold- both dissipate after a few seconds. I've had two tests, one found tannins, the other didn't mention...
  3. mrtmills

Choosing the right softener equipment

Hi, I'm trying to make my water better and would really appreciate some advice from the knowledgeable members of this forum. My most recent water test showed the following: Hardness: 20 gpg Iron: 2.07 ppm Manganese: 1.2 ppm pH: 7.3 TDS: 460 ppm tannins: 1.2 ppm The water smells swampy very...
  4. mrtmills

well water lab tests, best treatment option

Hi, I finally got my well water tested and would be appreciative if some of you could offer your opinions on the best treatment method. iron: 1110 ug/L magnesium: 31 mg/L manganese: 704 ug/L sodium: 44 mg/L Hardness (CaCO3): 354 mg/L pH: 8.1 All coliforms etc are fine. The...
  5. mrtmills

iron in well water

Hi, I have a well drilled last year which is behaving strangely and I would be grateful is someone could offer their opinion on what might be happening. My main goal here is to figure whether I need to treat my well or the water coming in to the house - or maybe both. The well is 360'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks