Search results

1. mrdojo

Hot water coming through cold water line

Well, I finally got this all resolved so I thought I'd come back and report. First off for Hackney plumbing: I never did try exactly what you had mentioned so I can't say what the result of that was. To ballvalve: regarding your comment: "When you open a hot tap, the cold water cannot flow in...
  2. mrdojo

I appreciate all the responses. Once again, I've already determined what is happening - that is that hot water is coming through the wrong way through the cold pipe when just cold water is turned on. I've done a number of things to determine this, some of what you are suggesting. The big...
  3. mrdojo

Hey thanks for the replies. Yes the expansion tank is supported with a strap that runs around it, and is then screwed into some ducting. You can sort of see the strap in the last picture, though it's hard to know how much support it's actually providing. Yes the cold water side gets hot when...
  4. mrdojo

The pipes were installed on the right side, that's not the issue. Here are some pics - they were a little hard to get anything real clear because it's a fairly tight space, but the expansion tank is on the left on the hot side. No other work was done other than the water heater replacement...
  5. mrdojo

Hi, I recently had a water heater installed and am having a funny issue. We are periodically getting warm water coming through the faucets when only the cold water is turned on. I've read about cross connections, but I've determined that's not the case. In fact, I've determined that hot water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks