Search results

1. Shawn_T

Need recommendation for natural gas hot tub heater.

I have an outdoor electric hot tub that has stopped working and am converting the hot tub to natural gas. There is a 3/4 inch natural gas line run to the hot tub and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good natural gas hot tub heater. I have seen brands like Hayward, Minimax, Raypak and...
  2. Shawn_T

pressure balanced vs thermostatic valves (1/2 inch vs 3/4 inch)

Thanks for the tips about the screws. I guess it is best to use lots of them and make sure the board is not moving anywhere. I am screwing into wood studs and am going to use mostly 18" porcelain tile. I am going to pick up my nobleseal ts and sealant next week but I can't start anything yet...
  3. Shawn_T

Thanks John. You are correct that Noble EXT is not approved for steam showers and I do like the idea of using super panel for the ceiling.
  4. Shawn_T

Thanks for asking Joe all the questions John. My GreenEboard has been sitting outside (not in the rain) for about 4 months and looks the same as it did the day I bought it. I like the fact that Joe has had his through rain, snow and car washes. I think I will go with your suggestion and order...
  5. Shawn_T

What is the best rain shower head?

FYI - I just brought home the Moen S6320 rain shower head and installed it in my existing shower and it seems to work like a charm. Even better, when you remove the restrictor gasket.
  6. Shawn_T

Hi John - If I finish off my steam shower by using Noble Seal TS, would I just continue from where the liner stops on the top of the bench or would I have to bring it right down to the floor over top of the liner? Are there any other products that I would need to go along with the Nobleseal TS...
  7. Shawn_T

What is the best rain shower head?

Does anyone have any thoughts about specific rain shower heads that stand out for performance? Thanks.
  8. Shawn_T

Thanks John. I will hold tight to hear back. I am in no extreme rush because I'm hoping to get started with the plumbing in a couple of weeks. I looked online and it appears that you can get Nobleseal TS from an american company toughtool.com which is distributed by a seattle company called...
  9. Shawn_T

Hi John. I will be curious what the brass at GreenEboard will have to say. Thanks for contacting them. I think I am starting to change my mind to using Nobleseal TS instead of going the hydroban route. If I use Nobleseal TS, it does the vapor barrier job and I don't have to use another vapor...
  10. Shawn_T

I just heard back from the green e board people and they say the following: "GreenEboard can be used in a steam room when properly installed with a product such as Hydroban." Have you heard or experienced differently, or do you just always use cement board and have not tried GreenEboard? I have...
  11. Shawn_T

I never really thought about sloping the bench but I guess it would be a good idea. Thanks a lot John. How far up the wall do you think the liner needs to go? and just on the wall where the bench is? That is a very nice sloped ceiling on that site you posted. I don't have very much room in...
  12. Shawn_T

Thanks for your feedback. I was told that the green e board is not affected by moisture so it should be fine to use in a steam shower. I just emailed the company to get their thoughts and will post their response. I will make sure there is a continuous thermal break and will be putting in a 6...
  13. Shawn_T

I will be sloping my ceiling and it is 8 feet high. There is one exterior wall on the side where the bench is with the pink insulation in the photo. The rain shower head and all 4 body sprays will be opposite the bench, with the handshower located just to the right. The two steam generator...
  14. Shawn_T

Thanks for the tip about the water/vapour flashing. I had not thought about that yet. Does it make sense that I will be using hardie tile backer, mesh tape in the corners, thinset in the seams and then a rubber compund rolled over everything? Am I missing anything? I am not planning on adding...
  15. Shawn_T

Thanks for the info. I am currently looking at the following lines: Kohler Purist Brizo Euro Delta Arzo Is there one that is recommended over another, or one that I should stay away from? I have not heard of Dornbracht before but they do look very nice. I will look into their prices. I do have...
  16. Shawn_T

I have a tankless hot water heater so losing hot water is not an issue. The 3/4 lines are pex. The drain is 3". Each fixture will most likely be 2.5 gpm. I haven't bought them yet but everything I have looked at has been 2.5 gpm. The one thing I am not sure about is whether I want to use a...
  17. Shawn_T

I am in the process of installing a shower which will have a rain showerhead, a hand shower unit, and 2 body sprays. I would like to be able to use the body sprays at the same time as the rain showerhead, and then be able to use all 3 components by themselves. I have 3/4 inch plumbing run from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks