Search results

1. Giwatcher

contactor confusion

20 yo heil package unit, NOT a heat pump, contactor is humming, not loud, but I thought the contactor was on it's last legs. It still works, but in checking I noticed it is a 2 pole 40a/24v. The oe replacement parts list shows a part number for a single pole, 35a, 24v. If I simply go by the...
  2. Giwatcher

New blower motor shakes

Hello: I am hoping for repair advice on my gas package unit, PGAA60E1KG. It is old enough that when I needed to change the 230v blower motor 1 year ago, including a new cap, I was not surprised. The repair seemed uneventful. Now, 1 year later, I smelled oil in the vents. I inspected outside...
  3. Giwatcher

Condenser fan motor

My condenser fan motor failed. 1) Is it ok to change an open frame body to a closed frame? The universals all seem to be closed. Specs are compatible. 2) The shaft is longer than the original. If it still fits, does the excess beyond the blade need to be cut off? I have heard that several inches...
  4. Giwatcher

Sharkbite flex hose

I am considering a sharkbite flex hose 3/4 to connect a water heater. I have seen braided steel and corrugated steel options. What is the difference? I have seen pictures and complaints about a SB flexhose braided with the inner liner deteriorated and showering debris downstream. Is this a valid...
  5. Giwatcher

delta single handle faucet drip

I replaced seats springs and ball for a routine faucet drip. Now, if I am not careful to center the handle perfectly when shutting off the water it drips noticeably. If I turn it back on and carefully center the handle in the "full-off" position, there is no drip. What have I done wrong, since...
  6. Giwatcher

Plumbing code for fridge water line cutoff

Is it expected for a working shut off valve to the refrigerator water line to be a building/plumbing code requirement? Is it required to work or even to be installed? My valve is flush under my new fridge with a full rotation T handle which can't be turned with the fridge in place due to low...
  7. Giwatcher

Delta single handle kitchen sink sprayer diverter valve

I have a 30 yo delta single handle kitchen sink sprayer and have just done a routine parts replacement for a dripping spout. I am curious if the diverter valve for the sprayer, not part of the kit, is the same part for delta single handle kitchen sink sprayer regardless of the age of the faucet...
  8. Giwatcher

Old garbage disposer removal

My Kitchenaid garbage disposer unit is 30 yo and has an old style 3 screw under sink mount with 2 tabs that pivot over a lip. It is not the newer style rotating ring, and an old school plumber has probably seen this mount. To disconnect, am I supposed to loosen the screws and pivot the tabs...
  9. Giwatcher

leaking faucet stem

I have a leak around the packing nut of the faucets that feed my washing machine. I have tried to tighten the packing nut, which worked on the hot but not the cold faucet. They are 28 yo and I have to shut off the whole house water to work on them, so I don't want to damage something and have no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks