Search results

1. rockandroller

Sillcock Stem packing - how to replace? FU SAN frost-proof sillcocks

Thing is, the sillcock still leaks when it's opened :( ... I guess there is more to the problem than just the stem packing. I tried tightening the nut gradually, but by the time it was cranked down enough to make the faucet hard to turn, it was still spewing out the water. (water came out the...
  2. rockandroller

How to change the "BIG BLUE" carbon sediment filter???

Thanks Gary! your walkthru came in real handy, the filter change went smooth and fast :o
  3. rockandroller

The USA distributor of these things was kind enough to send me a rebuild kit. The sillcock only leaks when OPEN, so I assume its just a stem packing issue, and that the inner seal is OK (though it looks a little ratty). The stem packing doesn't look nearly as bad as I expected, but its been...
  4. rockandroller

Thanks for all the hints. Have picked up a new carbon filter and (prelubricated) O-ring. Planning to install it this week, and I'm going to bleach out that basket for sure! I only really notice sulphur smell when its hot water, maybe getting used to it now. I have to say the previous owners...
  5. rockandroller

Hi all, we've got a couple of FU SAN anti-siphon frost-proof sillcocks on our house. (they are made in Taiwan, and appear to be virtually identical to a "Legend T-552") They're probably ten years old, and one has started to leak out the stem any time it is turned on. What little info I can...
  6. rockandroller

First, I'm totally new to "all things plumbing"... but now live in a house in the country with a deep well and water softener. It's a ten year old home and came with ZERO documentation. :confused: I need to find out all about everything - but first things first, the carbon filter is very...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks