Search results

1. GARoss

Softened water into sump pump well?

The new switch arrived by Fed Ex a day earlier than Wayne said. It was simple to install & now is up & running; lets hope for a long time. My thanks to everyone who responded to my post! :)
  2. GARoss

Hey neighbor! Like you, we finished out basement from end to end (house was built in 2006). Nearby the basement's utility room is a very nice home theater with lots of expensive electronic toys for water to fry! :( We when to the extra cost of insulated concrete form (ICF) type basement to...
  3. GARoss

I should get the float tomorrow. Wayne really seems sincere about addressing the issue. The tech said to attach the float on the PVC pipe & position it where it's movement wouldn't be obstructed with anything nearby. He never once asked questions like where & when did I purchase the pump. He...
  4. GARoss

Chad, I've been researching which pedestal to get (the Wayne has been working like a charm since Saturday) but took the time to call Wayne Pumps in Ohio. The tech admitted they have had lots of issues with the sensor switch (they do not offer it anymore) & offered to send a float switch to...
  5. GARoss

The manual recommends the unit placement in such a way that no inlet water flows directly on the switch; just rising water. The brine hose fits in a slot on the cover of the crock. I haven't witnessed an actual discharge of brine to see if it splashes about on the switch.
  6. GARoss

Hey - we're practically neighbors! We're in the thumb area. I think the sensor switch is just a crap design, too. It would seem best to get the pump out of the water with a pedestal type sump pump.
  7. GARoss

Thanks, The new sump worked great for the first year. Since then I've cleaned the switch sensor several times but can't connect the issue with softener cycles. This morning when we discovered it was on, we unplugged it for about one minute - then plugged it back in. The next time it kicked on...
  8. GARoss

First post at your forum! We built our home in 2006/07 & replaced the original sump pump in June of last year. The second sump pump (Wayne model CDUCAP850 - 1/2 HP with Switch Genius Technologyâ„¢ Cast-Iron Pump) has a "Switch Genius" instead of a float that turns the pump ON but, some times...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks