Search results

1. frozen

Antique Clawfoot Tub Faucet setup

Talked to my mom yesterday. They just completely gutted their bathroom and installed an old claw foot that they purchased at an auction. The problem they are running into now is that they cannot find a faucet that fits. I'll see if I can get some pics and measurements next time I make the...
  2. frozen

Thermostat location

Just curious at to what the general consensus is for thermostat location. I've got an old boiler baseboard hot water system. Thermostat is currently in the living room/family room. The problem that I think I'm running in to is that with the lights and TV (42" flat screen) and everyone in the...
  3. frozen

Foam pipe wrap insulation...any good?

Thanks guys for the information and feedback.
  4. frozen

How to refill a single zone, oil fired hot water boiler for baseboard radiant heat

I just looked at my system. As old and poorly designed as it is, someone at some point thought to splice in a fill/supply line from a cold water run. For me it's pretty simple. Just open the vavle and top off.
  5. frozen

Thanks guys. I def think I'm going to put some insulation on the pipes. You can feel the difference in the pipe temperature using your hand from one end of the runs to the other.
  6. frozen

Oh and sorry to bump the old thread, but it came up when I google searched
  7. frozen

Howdy, Just bought a place up in Michigan. Unfinished basement, old boiler water heat system. The pipe insulation has pretty much disintegrated over time. I was doing some google searching, and figured maybe you guys could help. How much energy savings will a homeowner see if they go through...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks