Search results

1. Mae-Ling

Slightly moving water meter

Here is a picture of it.
  2. Mae-Ling

Slightly moving water meter

My water meter and connected pipes are to high for the planned counter top. It comes up from the concrete basement floor, then after the pressure reducer, meter, and shut offs (this all takes it to 43 inches off the floor) then there is a elbow and it goes 12 inches into the wall. I need it to...
  3. Mae-Ling

Giving showers priority for water usage.

Unfortunately what they do is cut the flow to match the lower flow. Yes they keep.you from being scalded. What I want is something that gives the showers priority. Surely a.manifold.could be made to dothis. so when water is flowing through a certain output or outputs the water available to...
  4. Mae-Ling

Much easier said than done. Someone is in shower upstairs and downstairs sink gets used or whatever.
  5. Mae-Ling

The toilets I could do. The kitchen sink and vanities are the issue. I would not want to reduce the amount of water used.
  6. Mae-Ling

Ok I bypassed the 1/2 inch line and now i have 3/4 inch line (trunk) feeding the 1/2 inch lines going to the shower. And 1/2inch line (trunk) feeding 1/2 branches to the kitchen sink, vanity and toilet. It is a little better but still the shower loses water and goes hot if cold water is used...
  7. Mae-Ling

I have the3/4 inch line and fittings all ready to do a 3/4 main in a loop and have all the 1/2 inch come off of it. Or I could buy a manifold.
  8. Mae-Ling

I do have a 3/4 main line... it goes to the water heater as 3/4 then reduced to 1/2 after it comes out. The cold is also reduced to 1/2 inch before it branches to each fixture. If I keep the trunk at 3/4 and branch off at 1/2 inch to the fixtures will that help. I could even loop the 3/4...
  9. Mae-Ling

Right now I have 1/2 inch copper pipe trunk and brach piping. When water is used by something else the shower upstairs gets cold or hot. I am totally redoing my basement and would like to solve this issue. How can I best.give the showers upstairs and downstairs priority so they get water...
  10. Mae-Ling

Noritz on demand heater code 90

My nortiz on demand heater gives a code 90, not sure if it has always done it as the previous owner just put in the unit before we bought the house, it does it more in winter then summer but has always done it. Had a plumber look at it and he thought (s well as another friend who is a plumber)...
  11. Mae-Ling

Noritz no hot water after descaling

I descaled it and took out cleaned and reinstalled the filter on the cold inlet. now i get no hot water it just runs cold. Tank, water and gas is on. Temp is set to 50c. If i remember correct the red light on the unit used to be on steady. Now it does not come on at all. I can not remember...
  12. Mae-Ling

T&P valve on Tankless Heater

Old pressure relief was 201f and 150psi(?) just going from memory, replaced it with the same and seems to be fine now. Thanks
  13. Mae-Ling

T&P valve on Tankless Heater

I have a Tankless heater, ever since I bought the house 1.5 years ago the T&P valve has been discharging slightly when you turn off a hot water tap. I was told this is normal. Is it? Now the T&P valve is leaking constant when you use hot water. The water temperature is not overly hot coming...
  14. Mae-Ling

Proper Loop Vent?

That looks like what a plumber told me to do for my island dishwasher. Called it a "Barbers Loop" said he preferred it to a "Island Loop". I could not find anything on it and decided to do the Island Loop.
  15. Mae-Ling

Dishwasher drain lines.

I can use a island loop if I can come up through the floor at 10" wide then use 45's to widen it to up to 30" wide. This would allow me to put the p-trap between the two upright pipes and behind the dishwasher.
  16. Mae-Ling

Dishwasher drain lines.

Just did more reading , saw that p-trap should not be so low under the floor as that can cause syphoning even with the high loop. OK I believe a 24" tailpiece is the longest allowed so if the top of my p trap is right up against the floor joists which I can do if needed, would that work? On a...
  17. Mae-Ling

Dishwasher drain lines.

OK after reading and looking at what I can do because of ductwork for the forced air heating in the floor joists here is what I hope will work. Take the discharge hose from the dishwasher, do the high loop behind or beside the dishwasher, take it down through the floor, run it 2 feet...
  18. Mae-Ling

Dishwasher drain lines.

What might be easiest is if someone could give me a diagram of how you would plumb a dishwasher in a island with no sink. Thanks for all the help. I was a renovation carpenter for over 20 years and have plumbed a few dishwashers in my own homes and helping friends where there was a sink near...
  19. Mae-Ling

Dishwasher drain lines.

I agree, need to do it right. Problem is that the wall the dishwasher is on is a center wall in a 1973 modular house. It is built in two halves so to speak. drywalll 2x4 on flat1/2" plwood on whole wall then another 1/2" plywood 2x4 on flat and drywall on other side of wall.So I can not go up...
  20. Mae-Ling

Dishwasher drain lines.

If my above picture is not permissable another option may be a island loop vent in the wall. The dishwasher is going in front of a door that was closed off. So even though I can not go up through the top of the wall and put in a vent I can put an island loop vent in the wall where the door was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks