Search results

1. Ted M

Thermal Expansion Tank, CSV, Well water system...

I use well water, pressure set to 30-50 PSI. Captive air tank has a drawdown of 10.7 gallons. Water heater is electric, 40 gallons, set at 120 degrees. Never any problems with T&P valve, etc. Over the next few months I want to install a CSV system. I already bought a 4.4 gallon tank, a Cycle...
  2. Ted M

Black Poly Pipe: How long does it last?

My house is about 35 years old; maybe 1979. I bought it in 1987. The black poly pipe runs about 30 feet underground from the well and then another 25 feet under the concrete footing and concrete basement floor. It sticks up out of the concrete about one foot near the captive tank. The ID is 1...
  3. Ted M

Cycle Sensor: Use without Cycle Stop Valve?

Can a Cycle Sensor (1/3 - 2HP) be used withOUT a Cycle Stop Valve? With the thought of installing a CSV and 4.4 gallon tank at a later date. Would be used with present setup: 10.5 gallon drawdown tank, 30-50 psi, 90 seconds to fill from 30 to 50 psi. Gould's 1/3 HP, 4.4 amp pump. Thank you, Ted
  4. Ted M

Check Valve requirement at pressure tank in NH

After reading most of the information on Cycle Stop Valves by Valveman, I agree that more than one check valve is more detrimental than useful. My house in northern New Hampshire has a check valve near the pressure tank. Anyone know if New Hampshire is one of those states that require a check...
  5. Ted M

Exposed NM-B in Garage... What year not legal?

I have a detached garage built in 1985. It has exposed NM-B cable vertically between 2 x 4 studs. Nowadays you cannot have exposed NB-B cable; it must be protected. Does anyone know in what year it was required that NM-B cable be protected in detached garages? Thank you. Ted
  6. Ted M

Neutral wire size smaller than hots for 100 amp subpanel?

For convenience I'm installing a 100 amp subpanel within one foot of the main panel, which is 200 amps. NO new circuits are being added; only moved from main panel to subpanel. Three THHN #3 wires and a #8 EGC wire will be run through 1 1/4 inch PVC. (Other conduits for circuits) In...
  7. Ted M

NM-B cable thru main CB panel OK?

Is it legal to run NM-B cable (#10 solid, 3-wire + G), with sheath, right through a main CB panel? After going through the panel, the NM-B cable will go through about 8-inches of EMT or PVC to a sub-panel. From reading these forums I understand NM-B cable CAN go through EMT, as long as...
  8. Ted M

High Pressure Safety Cutoff Switch?

My well pump pressure switch is a Square D, 30 to 50 psi. I've changed it about three times over the last 20 years or so. In addition, I had a High Pressure Safety Cutoff Switch installed. This operated at a HIGHER pressure than the 50 PSI cutoff in the pressure switch mentioned above...
  9. Ted M

Max CB for SubPanel

I would like to know the maximum CB size I can use in a SubPanel. My main panel supplies little information. Just the name, catalog number, etc., along with an area for listing what the CBs are for. But no schematic diagram. The main panel is a Square D Load Center; QOC40MW225, Series L7...
  10. Ted M

Generac XG7000E and Interlock Kit

There is much confusion regarding connecting a portable generator to a service panel. I’d like some expert advice on doing this safely and legally. I ordered a Generac XG7000E from Home Depot. It will not be here until January 18. I tried to get an owner’s manual from Generac, but that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks