Search results

1. Snorp

When is it too late to change the water heater anode?

Good day to all - thanks for all of the help you provide to us undereducated. I have an old 40 gallon water heater that's been working fine for many (12?) years. The warranty on it is for 9 years. My question is - is it worthwhile to replace the anode? It's never been replaced before...
  2. Snorp

Need a source for parts for an OLD Jacuzzi Toilet (Primo?) Model MT-20102

Good evening to all and thanks for the help you give. Up until now, I haven't had any problem with this toilet but now I need to replace some of the parts. This is a dual flush model. The label says the following: Fill Valve: A1280 Flush Valve A 2417 Refill Valve MTC0704B I've s[emt a few...
  3. Snorp

Air in toilet line - normal procedure doesn't work

My best to all for the help you provide. Two level townhouse. Two toilets upstairs and one on main level - no basement. I have no clue as to what started this problem but fairly recently I replaced a shower cartridge. The problem Did Not start immediately after that work was done as best as I...
  4. Snorp

Need a recommendation for a fill valve for an undersized Toto single piece toilet.

Hello folks, I'm very grateful for all of you who get us DIYers out of jams. An eon ago I bought a very small one piece Toto toilet for my very small bathroom. It's served me well generally speaking. I've replaced several fill valves over the years but due to apparent water loss when...
  5. Snorp

Faucet removal - Very tight spot - Best way?

My best wishes to all. I need to replace the faucet on a bathroom vanity as the water flow is unacceptably slow. I've looked at other reasons for the slowness of the flow, but it comes down to the basic design of the faucet - which came with the vanity. I've bought a replacement faucet. I'm...
  6. Snorp

Only a thermostat issue? or more serious?

My best to all. I have an almost 40 year old townhouse and I installed a programmable thermostat in it about 30 years ago. No problems with the thermostat until very recently. It has developed some issue that prevents me from changing the program and for awhile now (weeks) it runs the A/C for...
  7. Snorp

Faucet water flow issue - Obvious answer?

Good day to all. Situation: My small upstairs full bath was remodeled about two years ago (two-level townhouse). The vanity and the faucet were replaced but I believe that the faucet came packaged with the vanity and the top. I've been getting complaints from my stepdaughter about the low...
  8. Snorp

Premier Bayview Shower Water Handle - Can I do this?

My regards to all. Son in law is renting a TH and somehow!!! someone broke off the water supply handle for the shower. He's unable to work and I'm retired with only SS income = necessity to be frugal. Please refer to the attached photos. I'm not familiar with this type of setup. The 'name' on...
  9. Snorp

Peerless P6919LF Kitchen Faucet Install Ignorance-Confused Me

Hello to all and my thanks for what you do. I'm installing the subject faucet and have ran into something I don't know how to 'fix'. Instructions say to insert the shank with the notch facing forward. Low light level and cramped space made this problematic - did the best I could. Checked the...
  10. Snorp

Badger 5 Install OOPS - Easy way out?

Hello folks. It's been awhile since I was last here. I appreciate what you guys do to help us DIYers muddling through our projects. I'll be brief. Installed a Badger 5 today in a tight space - tight because of the plumbing layout. Tested it - metallic clanking sound. Then I realized that I...
  11. Snorp

LED light - 2 wire to 3 wire LED xfmr connection

Hello again folks, I really appreciate the time and effort and knowledge that you guys have given me before. Here I am, back again with hat in hand. I'm remodeling a small bathroom - new fan and two led vanity lights (not enough light output from one light). Old hookup was using one switch...
  12. Snorp

Rewiring Bathroom - Old House - Fan/2 Lights w/dimmer

My best to all. I appreciate your time and knowledge. My forty year old bathroom has a single light switch which controls both a single light fixture and an overhead vent fan. I'm remodeling the bathroom and I will be installing a new vent fan and two led lights over the new vanity. The two...
  13. Snorp

40 year old Pfister 3 handle shower trim kit - replacement ?

My best to all, I need to replace this old hardware. Will current Pfister hardware or Danco hardware fit or have they changed something in their basic design that precludes the use of current Pfister/Danco parts. Also, is there another companies product that will work? I would greatly...
  14. Snorp

Tap wall switch for outlets to add overhead light?

30 year old house w/wall switch for power outlets. Am adding an overhead light and a switch for it. Can I tap the incoming power to the existing switch and run to another switch to provide power for the new overhead light? This would set up two parallel circuits - yes? That's okay?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks