Search results

1. kmuddzy

Slow gas line leak - how to detect?

Hi. I have a combination csst and black pipe gas line system and it has a leak. At 10psi it will drop 4 psi in an 18hr period but at 5psi it will only drop .5psi in the same amount of time. Either way, there doesn't seem to be enough air leaking to make bubbles using a detergent/water mix...
  2. kmuddzy

repair leaking 3" PVC joint on vent top of sani tee

Hi. I have a 3" PVC Sani-Tee in Vertical position on the 2nd story floor. The middle hole is downstream from the toilet and the top hole is used for a vent and has a 3" to 2" reducer. When doing my DWV water test I found a leak where the 3" Tee meets the 3" reducer (a 3" length of 3" pipe was...
  3. kmuddzy

Anyone know of a plug or balloon for an ex. toilet & tub during DWV water test?

Hi. I added an addition to an existing house with an existing bathroom. I had to connect the new plumbing to the old plumbing in such a way that I didn't have room to add a test tee before and after the existing toilet's plumbing connection to the main stack. Since the lack of a test tee...
  4. kmuddzy

bathroom circuit(s) for 2 girls

Hi. I am laying out the wiring circuit for a 2 vanity bathroom serving 2 girls. The girls are 6 & 4 years old so I assume in the near future they will be blow drying their hair at the same time. I wanted to do 2 circuits for the bathroom, keeping each vanity's GFCI receptacle on a separate...
  5. kmuddzy

cleanout locations when pipe is between joists and up against subfloor

Hi. I am putting in 3" and 2" pipe underneath an existing 1st floor. there is a basement so I have full access to the floor joists bays but there is an existing plumbing line I that I need to slope to. 1) The 2" kitchen sink drain runs through the floor and transitions to horizontal with...
  6. kmuddzy

Easy, I think: Can a regular elbow trainsition from a vertical to horizontal drain?

Regardless of pipe size, can a regular elbow be used to transition from a vertical drain to a horizontal drain or is a long sweep elbow required? In my specific situation: I have a 1.5" drain pipe from a 2nd floor bathroom sink dropping vertically down through the floor. The floor below is...
  7. kmuddzy

Can you tie lav drain into a toilet vent (wet vent)? W/SKETCH

Hi. A few questions (tried to change the title): Question 1) This question has nothing to do with the sketch and probably isn't that simple but here goes: Can I have the following drains all tie into a 30' long, horizontal 2inch "main" before this 2inch pipe connects to the 3" stack...
  8. kmuddzy

Can you join 2 p-trap arms (horizontally) before the vent?

Hi. I searched on here but I didn't find my answer. I did find that you cannot have a vertical fitting in the p-trap arm and you can only have a 90 degree maximum horizontal direction change in total. My question: I have a 2" shower p-trap and a 1.5" tub p-trap. Both arms from those...
  9. kmuddzy

Please help! My FIRST rough-in for remodel and addition

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County I am a DYI’er and I’m excited to do my first house plumbing rough-in for a house remodel and new addition. I tried to answer as many questions as I could by researching the web but I need to get...
  10. kmuddzy

Distance from fixture to roof vent stack layout review (not distance from p-trap)

Hi. New DIYer here. I wanted to know if there is a maximum distance for a fixture (kitchen sink) to the roof vent stack penetration? The diagram might explain it better. You can see the kitchen sink is on 1st floor and is about 26' horizontally from the 3" vertical soil stack that will run...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks