Search results

1. kmuddzy

Caroma Dual Flush watersense toilet review & pictues

I guess it's a matter of water volume & velocity created from it - the larger the trapway/flush valve the more water is needed to create that velocity so I guess it gets more difficult to conserve water while enlarging the diameters. Getting back to the main topic, I did contact Caroma and I...
  2. kmuddzy

Caroma Dual Flush watersense toilet review & pictues

I hate to resurrect an old thread but I found this one very helpful. Unfortunately my family has a member that is in the 1% so I believe we will be reluctantly going with a Caroma. What I don't understand is why all toilet manufactures just don't go with a larger trapway and flush valve. What...
  3. kmuddzy

Slow gas line leak - how to detect?

THANKS! for some reason I didn't think about increasing the air. I googled this problem and found that you shouldn't use teflon pipe dope in a union. Not sure if this is true but I cleaned out the union, used some non-teflon pipe dope, and really tightened it. I then jacked up the PSI to...
  4. kmuddzy

Good thought & thanks. I use a bicycle pump on a schrader valve. It only takes 15 seconds to get the piping to 10psi. I used to keep it connected but I've disconnected it once I reach pressure and still get the same leaking. I read that the union fittings are very prone to leak and also that...
  5. kmuddzy

Thanks everyone. this is a new LP gas line install for a new heating system, dryer and hot water heater. The LP tank hasn't been installed yet and I am just testing this for the rough-in inspection. There isn't a regulator on the lines - the black pipe is simply capped as it runs outside...
  6. kmuddzy

Hi. I have a combination csst and black pipe gas line system and it has a leak. At 10psi it will drop 4 psi in an 18hr period but at 5psi it will only drop .5psi in the same amount of time. Either way, there doesn't seem to be enough air leaking to make bubbles using a detergent/water mix...
  7. kmuddzy

repair leaking 3" PVC joint on vent top of sani tee

Or maybe this is a better solution than the vaccuum (not hard to be better than that one): has anyone tried to cut a 2" or 3" section from a 4" PVC pipe, then cut that section in half and prime/glue those two halves over the leaking joint of the 3" PVC fittings (maybe secure those halves...
  8. kmuddzy

That might be the lesser of 2 evils. still a lot of work but if I can't seal it then it might be my only option. Have you ever tried to put a vacuum on the vent and suck glue in the leak?
  9. kmuddzy

Hi. I have a 3" PVC Sani-Tee in Vertical position on the 2nd story floor. The middle hole is downstream from the toilet and the top hole is used for a vent and has a 3" to 2" reducer. When doing my DWV water test I found a leak where the 3" Tee meets the 3" reducer (a 3" length of 3" pipe was...
  10. kmuddzy

Anyone know of a plug or balloon for an ex. toilet & tub during DWV water test?

thanks, guys - makes sense...I never thought about 13psi blowing out a wax ring. The test Tees could probably be installed but will be very challenging since the pipe is rigid on both sides (it is a horizontal "main" in the basement with additional bends and wall mounts preventing it from...
  11. kmuddzy

Anyone know of a plug or balloon for an ex. toilet & tub during DWV water test?

Hi. I added an addition to an existing house with an existing bathroom. I had to connect the new plumbing to the old plumbing in such a way that I didn't have room to add a test tee before and after the existing toilet's plumbing connection to the main stack. Since the lack of a test tee...
  12. kmuddzy

bathroom circuit(s) for 2 girls

Yeah - after I wrote the first part I realized it is kinda a dumb question. Sometimes I get tunnel vision when I lay things out and I try to hold onto something that isn't that big of a difference. I will go with a 20amp circuit to each vanity and run the lights/fan off another circuit. I'm...
  13. kmuddzy

bathroom circuit(s) for 2 girls

Hi. I am laying out the wiring circuit for a 2 vanity bathroom serving 2 girls. The girls are 6 & 4 years old so I assume in the near future they will be blow drying their hair at the same time. I wanted to do 2 circuits for the bathroom, keeping each vanity's GFCI receptacle on a separate...
  14. kmuddzy

cleanout locations when pipe is between joists and up against subfloor

QUOTE: "And again, you can put a 3" 444X Tee downstream and it can be cleared both ways. Understand? " I think I do understand. I just wasn't sure if I was allowed by code to put a cleanout downstream if the total horizontal change was over 135 degrees. I absolutely agree that...
  15. kmuddzy

The pipes in the pics are 3". The 3" horizontal long sweep connected to the 3" vertical long sweep are at the bottom of my stack. Above the 3" vertical long sweep I placed a 3" Wye to provide a cleanout. This was my question: My 3" pipe does a horizontal "U" turn of 180degrees and the last...
  16. kmuddzy

Thanks for your reply. I can't put a C.O. or Test Tee above the floor since it is a finished floor - unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying. The 1st pic is of the 3" elbows before they join the 2nd pic. But you are correct - it is back-pitched and that's because it isn't glued...
  17. kmuddzy

Hi. I am putting in 3" and 2" pipe underneath an existing 1st floor. there is a basement so I have full access to the floor joists bays but there is an existing plumbing line I that I need to slope to. 1) The 2" kitchen sink drain runs through the floor and transitions to horizontal with...
  18. kmuddzy

Easy, I think: Can a regular elbow trainsition from a vertical to horizontal drain?

check with your inspector I thought I would close this thread with some common sense advice for any newbies that might search this thread in the future. Always call your Township inspector if you have a difficult situation. I called my township's inspector and he will allow me to...
  19. kmuddzy

Easy, I think: Can a regular elbow trainsition from a vertical to horizontal drain?

Ahhh...so not good for me. I am going vertical to horizontal and I don't have the room for a long sweep. This has just made a simple solution very difficult.... But, thanks for your quick reply!!!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks