Search results

1. Jeepnick

Tie PEX into water pipes at water heater? Hows this look?

Although I hesitate to re-enter my own thread, I was reading the tangent topic and had a thought. Wouldn't the 18" of copper before pex be more to protect the pex from heat traveling up the continuous metal in the heater as its generated by the heater itself, rather than the hot water? I can...
  2. Jeepnick

stainless screws for drop-ear-90s?

I would think steel (stainless or not) would cause corrosion where it meets the drop ear. I just mounted some of my own using brass wood screws found at the big box store.
  3. Jeepnick

I suppose my diagram isn't that clear. The PEX transition will be near the ceiling which means there will be roughly 3 feet of copper between the pex and the water heater. Any other considerations? Thank you.
  4. Jeepnick

I need to run water to a bathroom addition I'm building. I'm using a 3/4" PEX run with 1/2" branching off to fixtures. I need to tie into the water pipes and would like to do that at the water heater so as to bypass the rest of the house plumbing which has 1/2" hot water pipe. I'm not...
  5. Jeepnick

Shower and Tub P-Trap Before Inspection?

I put the 2 way cleanout about a foot up-line from the test tee. It has a mast that comes up out of the ground from 3 feet down. Figured sticking an inflatable plug down that tube and getting it to work was more trouble than it was worth, so I went the test tee route. Draining ended up...
  6. Jeepnick

Wish I'd thought of that! Too late now... At any rate, thank you for all the great advice and help!! I really appreciate it. Water tested this morning and inspector called about an hour ago and passed everything! Now to figure out how to drain the system without causing a massive mud pool and...
  7. Jeepnick

Crud! Guess that means I'm not done cementing pipes together... I guess that also means I'll just end up at least cutting out the tub p-trap and repositioning it later on. How dumb. Thank you for the answers, as always.
  8. Jeepnick

Hey folks, I'm finishing up my under slab/pre-slab drain plumbing and plan to schedule inspection Tuesday. I'm unsure as to whether having my shower and tub p-traps is installed before inspection is required... It seems to me it would be easiest/best to block out a box and run a...
  9. Jeepnick

Can I roll a Wye to 45 degrees?

If it makes the angle... Meaning, if it makes the angle I need? Or if it makes a specific angle?
  10. Jeepnick

Thanks for the responses! So now that we've established that a Y can be rotated 180 degrees, what about a 45 coming off of it? If I want to roll a Y up to 45 degrees, then put a 45 off of it going off to the side (to attached to a horizontal drain which will empty into the main) can I do that...
  11. Jeepnick

Phoenix AZ here (UPC). My main 3" drain line is quite deep. To tie the rest of the fixtures into the horizontal main, can I roll a Y up 45 degrees to make the other lines more shallow? Alternatively (or in addition to) can I use a 45 to make steep depth change and then level off before...
  12. Jeepnick

Sand to protect underground drain pipes? Also, two way cleanout question...

Thank you for the detailed and helpful information! I really appreciate it.
  13. Jeepnick

Sand to protect underground drain pipes? Also, two way cleanout question...

I know my local code (UPC) requires that pressurized pipes be protected by sand (or clean fill?) before backfilling with dirt... But, does anyone know if there is a similar requirement for drain pipes? I'm getting ready to do underground drains for my bathroom addition and I'm wondering if I...
  14. Jeepnick

Pleaes critique my DWV plan - Bathroom Addition

I'd like to move ahead with tackling this myself. Just curious if there is anything blatantly wrong with the below drawing. I realize the drawing is a bit crude and I may have overcomplicated the drain system, but my goal was to get everything on its own vent and tied in with the appropriate...
  15. Jeepnick

I can appreciate your dilemma. Want to bid the job? I'm a little nervous about doing this myself to be honest.
  16. Jeepnick

Thank you for your responses. I just realized that my drawing does not accurately depict the venting location. None of the drains would in fact have a horizontal vent (even though the drawing show it). I should have drawn the vent line coming out of the top of the drain line. Sorry for the...
  17. Jeepnick

Hey folks. I'd greatly appreciate your critique of my isometric plan. This is for a bathroom addition on my house - permits are pulled (I live in Phoenix AZ - under UPC) and work is about to begin. Work will be performed by yours truly and inspected by the city. The bathroom is quite...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks