Search results

1. Bcdudley

Yard flooding

I had the sprinkler system turned off for the last 3 months and the yard stayed wet. I also put down lots of winter rye to help try to soak up the water. It kept the mud at bay, but the whole yard is still very soggy. I have also checked the meter over a weekend we were gone the entire time and...
  2. Bcdudley

tripping breaker

The light was in the house before I moved in. It was hard wired to the breaker with no switch. I installed one a while back and keep it off 99% of the time now. I usually don't even turn it on at night unless I need it. The light is on a pole about 20' up in the air and the photocell is on top...
  3. Bcdudley

tripping breaker

I have a 20 amp breaker that keeps tripping. I have replaced the breaker and that did not resolve the problem. The circuit was added after the house was built and the only thing on it is the sprinkler system timer and one of the large outdoor floodlights. I think it is a high pressure sodium...
  4. Bcdudley

grounding outdoor ethernet cables

It may be a little late for this, but I had the same problem. I picked up a couple of older model used switches from **** for about $50 each. They came with transceivers. I then ran the fiber cable from rooftop to rooftop and down the wall to the switch. It has been working great for several...
  5. Bcdudley

Yard flooding

We moved into our house about 6 months ago. When we did the back yard was in immaculate condition. About 2 months afterwards, water started running down the alley out of a drainage culvert behind our house. A couple days later we started noticing soggy spots in the yard. Now, most of the...
  6. Bcdudley

Multiple problems with water heater(maybe)?

The house is one story so everything is at the same level. The washing machine is closest to the water heater followed by the sink and then the tub. The low pressure is only on the hot water side unless the sprinkler system is on, then everything is low.
  7. Bcdudley

Multiple problems with water heater(maybe)?

Just moved into a 30 year old house about 6 months ago. The water heater was installed in 1998. Today, my wife told me she thought the floor felt a little warmer than the rest of the floor right next to the water heater. She was concerned this may be a slab leak. I could not tell any difference...
  8. Bcdudley

Gas shutoff valve

It was just a standard shutoff valve. I capped the line this morning with no issues. Thanks for the help.
  9. Bcdudley

Gas shutoff valve

I am certain that I can do this myself and am not required to hire a licensed person to do this, both in the legal sense and from an experience standpoint. I have the correct tools for performing the job including a manometer for pressure testing. I am also reasonably certain that a permit is...
  10. Bcdudley

Gas shutoff valve

So there may of been some truth to what she was saying after all. I would like to yank out an old grill in my backyard this weekend. It is right in the middle of the path going to my hot tub. It is an old Sears brand natural gas grill. It is missing the top, the burners and almost every other...
  11. Bcdudley

Gas shutoff valve

I looked at a few of my neighbors and they are setup the same way with a gas co. shutoff at the street. A couple of them have shutoff's on the customer side, but not all. I guess the only way to find out about the meter it to shut it off and turn it back on, then be ready to call the gas co to...
  12. Bcdudley

Gas shutoff valve

I found it. It was in a box out by the street. It is labeled gas on the cover. Kind of an odd place, but at least I know. Thanks. One other question if you don't mind. I have always just turned my gas off and on as needed for repairs or vacations away from the house. When I get back, I just...
  13. Bcdudley

Distance between toilet tank and wall vary for 2 toilets?

If the wall behind it is a small area and you are really concerned about it, hang a new piece of drywall over the existing wall. That will make up the difference and may be easier than moving the drain on the floor. Drywall is usually about 1/2" thick so it would make up the difference.
  14. Bcdudley

Gas shutoff valve

I am certain there is no shutoff valve before or after the meter from the point it comes up out of the ground to the point it goes into the house. Is it possible the shutoff valve is in the yard or out by the street? I would think it should be right next to the meter but it is not. I will take a...
  15. Bcdudley

Gas shutoff valve

Hello. I was searching for an answer about a gas shutoff valve and came across this forum. I just purchased a house a few months ago and am getting around to some of my projects. My question is regarding the shutoff valve for my gas main. Every house I have ever lived in has had some type of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks