Search results

1. Tipster1

Water heater expansion tank in winter.

Thanks again - I'll check. Somewhere I had read that most municipal systems are closed, once they add a meter. You may have saved me the aggravation.
  2. Tipster1

Thanks for advice. That's just what I wanted to understand as far as how expansion tank works. If there is no nearby wall, do you have any other suggestions? (I assume you meant that your town will have an anti backflow device.)
  3. Tipster1

The water company plans to install water meters in area of my summer cottage sometimes this winter. I assume that they will add anti-backflow device, so I will need an expansion tank this spring. The electric water heater is 50 gal so I expect to use a small tank. All plumbing is ½” copper and I...
  4. Tipster1

Toilet Gurgling in Shower Drain + marital debate

Thanks for replies, guys. Shower in question is in daily use, so dried out trap doesn't seem likely. Still puzzled by cause of sound and why treatment worked. Toilets aren't supposed to vent through showers. Shower drain is in the middle of a 3x5' terrazo shower base so only access would...
  5. Tipster1

Toilet Gurgling in Shower Drain + marital debate

Chapter 1: We have two baths in second story of our 35 yo house. One has stall shower, other has bath tub. Plumbing is back to back with toilets on outside wall. There is a single vent pipe which appears to arise very close to the wall between the toilets. Each bath has two sinks. Everything...
  6. Tipster1

Copper pipes contacting each other

Thanks for your feedback, guys. To answer questions, the whole 700 sq ft cottage (2BR, 1 Bath and a kitchen) is plumbed with 1/2" and there are shut offs coming and going. It's elevated on 8' pilings and wiggles in the wind (not to mention recent earthquake) Even though everything is connected...
  7. Tipster1

Copper pipes contacting each other

After installation of a new hot water heater I noticed that the inflow and outflow pipes were pressing on each other where they crossed each other at about a 90 degree angle on top of the tank. (The heater is installed in the attic of a sea shore cottage). I also notice a corner (elbow)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks