Search results

1. Patrick1

Sealing holes in sub floor

Well what I ended up doing was laying a shingle down then I put the hardware cloth over that but i left one side un nailed and shot form up though the open side then nailed it all shut. I have no holes under the house anymore!!! I got 2 mice last night in traps baited with Peanut butter.
  2. Patrick1

If I covered it with either plywood or the hardware cloth it would be accessible later on the only thing that would make it difficult would be foam.
  3. Patrick1

I will pick up hardware cloth tonight and staple it down to at least keep them from coming into the house. after that I need to get rid of the draft I really wanted to used the shingles since i can easily cut them with a utility knife but I think it might be jerry riggin it lool.
  4. Patrick1

Do you think the mice will chew though the foam? My original plan was to lay down some wire, almost like chicken wire but it has really small holes to keep them out then spray foam though it to insulate then tack on a roof shingle to make sure all the draft is gone. But the plywood seems a like...
  5. Patrick1

Type S Mortar bed for tub

Well all of my creaks are gone and the tub feels very sturdy now.I guess the mortar did its job lol.
  6. Patrick1

ok I will do that, I wanted an easier method... lol But I should just do it right.
  7. Patrick1

Hey guys, Every single plumbing fixture cutout in my house looks like this. I have discovered that i have a a problem with mice so I want to seal these gaps. Any suggestions on what to use to cover these? I am sure plywood would work but it seems like I would have trouble cutting it to fit...
  8. Patrick1

Oh I see, thanks for the info! There is about a 6 by 6 inch area under the the where I didn't put mortar since it was so close to the drain but looking at it from under the house it wont affect the drain at all should I mix a little bit of mortar and shove it into that void?
  9. Patrick1

This is semi off topic but why does the manufacture say not to use a ledger? I didnt use one since the manual said not to but I dont understand why that would harm anything.
  10. Patrick1

I didn't mean to start an argument, but I guess that happens in all forums lol... I just hope my tub is okay.
  11. Patrick1

the tub has a hard foam bottom. Its some type of Polycomposite tub.
  12. Patrick1

hey guys, Last night I set my bathtub in a bed of mortar. It is perfectly level now but I am not sure how long the mortar needs to cure for before we can shower or take a bath. It is the Sakrete type s pre mix masonry mortar from Home Depot. I mixed it pretty thick it so I am assuming the...
  13. Patrick1

Uneven fiberglass Tub

I am interested in this tub but it does not look like they carry this item in store. http://www.*********.com/Bath-Bath-Tubs-Showers-Whirlpool-Tubs-Bath-Tubs-Freestanding-Tubs/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbz9d/R-100054581/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&superSkuId=202618601
  14. Patrick1

Uneven fiberglass Tub

Ok well when I pulled this tub out and sat in it at HD it seemed to be decent. But after installing it the tub seems like a piece of crap. I guess this is just because I have an un even floor and did not follow directions to the T? They are actually sending me a replacement tub, the exact same...
  15. Patrick1

Uneven fiberglass Tub

You are probably right, anyways I am trying to move on and figure out what to buy as a replacement. I am hoping I can remove the tub surround without breaking it but we will see... What is decent priced 60x32 tub I can get for a replacement? I am ok with spending a little bit more money but...
  16. Patrick1

Uneven fiberglass Tub

Well I talked to the M.O.D since the manager is out for the day and she said they will call me back tomorrow about returning the tub.
  17. Patrick1

Uneven fiberglass Tub

Well I think I am going to call HD and ask them if I can return the tub... I am not happy with it and I know that I will not be happy with it no matter what I do.
  18. Patrick1

Uneven fiberglass Tub

Well I am not sure what I will be able to do since I am already over my origonal budget. If I can get this tub out I dont think they will let me return it since its been a couple months and I dont have any of the origonal packaging. If I do decide to take it out and replace it with something...
  19. Patrick1

Uneven fiberglass Tub

It is the asb firenze tub, I see a few other people have had bad experience with this tub. I really don't want to uninstall everything since I just finished the bathroom.
  20. Patrick1

Uneven fiberglass Tub

Hello all, I have a fiberglass tub with a built in foam bottom that has become uneven over about 3 months. I have access under the house near the drain. The tub is not in a mortar base and was never adhered to the plywood floor (my fault). The tub is only about 6 months old and I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks