Search results

1. Lost Texan

Recommended best settings for 6700xtr 48,000 grain water softener

Regen twice late last night and early this morning. 50 minutes at 0.25 gpm results in 12.5 gals, needed 8 gals so not much for excess or rinse. I can get a 0.5 gpm BLFC for less than $2, would you suggest making this change? It would cut water usage. Moving forward, assuming I stay with the...
  2. Lost Texan

I think I have the answer to my question as to the time for the 'brine and slow rinse' cycle. The unit draws brine water and mixes it with a draw water stream for as long as there is water in the brine tank, then only the stream water goes through the resin. I'm guessing there is some type of...
  3. Lost Texan

I've confirmed I have a 0.25 gpm BLFC. I've read a previous post of yours and calculated the same 23 lbs salt to brine 1.5 cu ft. resin. Therefore, using 0.25 gpm, 23 lbs salt, and 3 lbs salt/gal- I get a 31 minute brine fill require. What time do I enter on the 'brine and slow rinse' cycle...
  4. Lost Texan

Gary, I can set the reserve to any value between 0% and 50%. The 6700xtr diagnostic mode indicates the peak flow has been at 8 gpm since install. We make it a point not to use showers, tubs, and/or washers (dish or clothes) at the same time. How do I change the max salt dose? The user...
  5. Lost Texan

Forgot to include 'Drain Flow' labeled at 2.4 gpm.
  6. Lost Texan

Purchase a 48,000 grain water softener about a month ago with a Fleck 6700xtr controller. I've tried to read posts and visited web site trying to get the 'best' settings for lowest regen costs with no luck. Thus, I'm asking for help. Salt use is my main focus and water second. Also, with my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks