Search results

1. Darrel S.

What should I do now? (virtical turbine with galvanized tank)

Wonder if I could put the 3/4 brass bleeder in a "tee" with another "tee" welded to the first "tee" with a plug for access to th bleeder. Then the water from the bleeder could be piped back down the well.
  2. Darrel S.

I'm going to replace the bad check valve this weekend. Not sure how much the foot valve is leaking, so I will put a vacuum gauge on the snifter valve with the pump off. Guess I'll have to watch and see what happens. Not sure what an acceptable reading would be. I don't think the foot valve is...
  3. Darrel S.

mechanical drain? Is there a mechanical valve, like a 3-way automatic valve, that could be used in place of the solenoid valve, and the check valve just before it? I think it would be called a "control valve". This would be better than an electric valve.
  4. Darrel S.

I talked to a well guy here in town and he said that the water is kept in the column by the foot valve to keep water on the shaft bearings, that are made of rubber, and that if they run dry they will fail. He also suggested a submersible or a compressor on the tank. I think I'll use the small...
  5. Darrel S.

better idea Here's a better one. I could use a 3-way electric valve, but it's more cost effective to use a check valve and a simple electric valve. I just seen a brass electric 3/4" valve for $20 on c-list today.
  6. Darrel S.

I guess I could put the water from the bleeder back down the well, right?
  7. Darrel S.

maybe this I wonder if this would work? I'm not sure what size the small tank should be. The foot/check valve on top has a fine mesh screen to keep bugs and dust out. What do you think?
  8. Darrel S.

OK, here's the deal. Back in 1959 or so, my father installed a well system at the depth of 90 ft. He used a virtical turbine with a foot valve, (he thought it would be better to keep the column full so the motor wouldn't have to work so hard), a snifter valve, a check valve, and a steel tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks