Search results

1. Sjsmithjr

Honeywell 3210D Wiring

Replacing a Hunter 44100 for my mom - its too complicated for her and hard to read. Its a four wire heatpump setup - Heat/Cool Transformer (R and RH jumpered with 24V in), Fan Relay (G), Compressor Contactor (Y), and Heat Relay or Valve (W) I have Honeywell 3210D and if someone wouldn't mind...
  2. Sjsmithjr

Appliance Whip to Bath Exhaust Fan

Although it is secured (stapled) within 12 inches of the connector, I'm not crazy about the routing of the NM-B to the exhaust fan as shown in the attached pic. Running the NM-B back over the top of the fan housing doesn't seem like a great idea to me either. Considered adding a 1x4 raceway but...
  3. Sjsmithjr

Sharkbite Insert Pushed Into Fitting

Ever seen this happen before? The integral tube liner was pushed up into the fitting. Sharkbite drop ear fitting used with sharkbite pex tubing. ...and no; this isn't mine.
  4. Sjsmithjr

Wet Venting Shower Trap

Anyone care to comment on the way the shower trap is vented in the attached diagram. I think it's correct under the IPC but would like to know for sure. Thanks, Sam Smith Knoxville, TN
  5. Sjsmithjr

IPC Bathroom Addition DWV Layout

IPC Horizontal Wet Venting The IPC allows for horizontal wet venting. While it may be allowable I expect that most would not consider it a "best practice". IPC horizontal wet venting Your thoughts? -Sam Smith Knoxville, TN
  6. Sjsmithjr

Tankless water heater. Need some data

In an effort to make a meaningfull contribution to the topic of sizing tankless water heaters, I'm working on compiling a typical GPM deliverable map (maximum capacity, single unit) for the contiguous United States based on 120F and average water supply temp. I'm using DOE's fixture demand...
  7. Sjsmithjr

Dissatisfied With Flush Quality?

I know a lot of folks are dissatisfied with their toilets but this was kinda extreme! http://www.sltrib.com/ci_11451417
  8. Sjsmithjr

Branch Circuit Partial Run in Conduit

For the life of me I can't fish the runs (NM) from a laundry room addition the last couple of feet back to the service panel. The service panel is mounted on an exterior wall. Is there a code compliant way come in the side of the box the last couple of feet via conduit? As I understand it...
  9. Sjsmithjr

Fire Hose Coupling

Does anyone know off the top of their heads what type (A, B, C, etc.) coupling is used on a fire hose? Thanks,
  10. Sjsmithjr

Tie in laundry drain - you make the call.

I've got plently to keep me busy these days, so I thought I'd hire out the plumbing for a laundry/mud room addition. So I get three plumbers, all recommended, with three different ways of tying in the clothes washer drain. Not surprising I suppose. In order of low to high bid: 1) Tie...
  11. Sjsmithjr

Stainless Sink Recommendation

Anyone care to make a recommendation for a good quality stainless steel sink; manufacturer and model. The free sink my parents got with their new countertops (bottom of the line Sterling) is a piece of junk from the word go. I was particularly impressed with the mounting clips that pop loose...
  12. Sjsmithjr

Locating Existing Septic Tank

Anybody got any tips for DIY septic tank locating? I've been trying to find mine so I can check it's condition, but no luck. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) The health department has no idea where the existing tank is located. 2) Checked to see where the main (cast iron) DWV line exits...
  13. Sjsmithjr

Flange Support Kit

Anyone have an opinion on the #29000 flange support kit found at quick fix plumbing products dot com? (take out the spaces) Thanks, Sam
  14. Sjsmithjr

Question About Flat Wyes

At the risk of asking a question that's been asked a hundred times (wye is too general a term to search on), is connecting a horizontal branch line to the main horizontal drain via a flat wye allowed, a bad idea, or both? I have it in my head that it's allowed but can lead to problems down the...
  15. Sjsmithjr

Bath With Integral Overflow

I'm looking for alternatives to an American Standard Princeton (60x34) bath with integral overflow. I liked the idea of not having to box and sister the floor joists and the size is perfect, but after seeing it in person I'm not crazy about the finish. Thanks, Sam
  16. Sjsmithjr

DWV Layout - Please Review

Budget overuns on a house my wife and I are renovating are making it neccesary for me to do something I haven't done in a looong time - install a dwv system. Heck, even when I was doing it it was under the watchfull eye of a master! The major code where I'm at is the Southern Building Code...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks